WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I posted the Gulfmaster deal in the Affordables forum a couple of days ago with no intention of buying. But then the nagging feeling grew and just wouldn't go away. Long story short, I got shipping confirmation on a white one. Should be here next Thursday.
I bought one too. I hope that it's a brand new watch. I've been wanting to buy this model Gulfmaster for the last few years, but I didn't want to spend $350 to $400 for one. The current $156.99 sales price is a decent price if the watch is factory brand new.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I just had one delivered. Yes it is brand new, totally legit. The $156.99 is not just a decent price, it is an AMAZING price!! :) This watch typically sells new for the mid-to-upper $200 range. At over $100 less than that, it is an incredible deal!! It was so good, that I had to buy the white Gulfmaster version that I owned awhile back but sold. I could not resist picking it up again at this price! ;-)
Time4playnow,
How many of this particular GWN1000E-8A model did you buy at the current $156.99 sales price? Did you get more than one (1) watch?

And you are right about the pricing of this particular model. I've seen it for sale between $280 to $300 and up on eBay. The 2nd cheapest sales price around here that I've seen this model selling for right now is currently $259 at Jomashop. So yes, buying it on Ebay right now for $156.99 is an excellent deal. I haven't purchased a brand new G-Shock in this price range for 3 years now. I'm glad that I found this deal. I've always wanted this particular model.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
LOL he has sold 70 watches today and counting hahahahahahaah we will be wearing only white Gulfies in the WRUW threads
So far ONLY today, 78 watches have been sold ONLY TODAY on 4/14/17.
Yesterday on 4/13/17 only 9 watches were sold.
On 4/12/17 only 11 watches were sold.
On 4/11/17 only 6 watches were sold.
And on 4/10/17 only 4 watches were sold.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I bet most of the buyers are from the forum.And iam sure it will go more than 100 watches sold today.every 2-3 minutes a Gulfie is sold.Lets see the seller stock
I wonder how many watches of this particular model that the seller has in stock? I hope that he's able to fulfill all the 122 orders so far that have been made. I would think that the seller has set up his EBay store with a counter in order to have an accurate number of units in stock every time that a unit is sold.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I caved in again and I also bought the all black GWN1000C-1A Gulfmaster that the same seller currently has for sale on his EBay store.
Is the all black Gulfmaster more popular than the all white GWN1000E-8A? Or is the all white one a better choice? How many in here would wear the all white Gulfmaster as an everyday watch? I love the contrast of the blue and white Gulfmaster a lot, but I don't know if it would be a good everyday watch to wear being that it's all white. On the other hand, the all black Gulfmaster isn't flashy looking and it doesn't have any contrast to it like the all white one does. It basically has a very generic stealth look to it. I would think that the all black Gulfmaster would be a better choice to wear as an everyday watch than the all white one. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
There are already 169 sold of the all white Gulfmaster model as of right now and 78 sold of the all black model. I wonder how many people from here in the forums actually bought these 2 particular model Gulfmasters? Also, how many people bought the 2 year Assurion extended warranty together with their watch?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Someone here just mentioned in their post that the GWN1000 Gulfmaster that's currently for sale on EBay is a Generation 1 model. I would like to know how many generations has this same exact style GWN1000 model number gone through? Are the internal electronics on this particular model watch outdated and have they been replaced by much newer internal electronics that have been improved and updated recently? Can anybody please explain and clarify for me what the difference is between generation 1, 2 and 3 with the GWN1000. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I caved in again and ended buying one GWN1000 of each color, a white a black and a yellow. I'm not sure whether or not I will like wearing the white and the yellow one all the time in rotation with the all black one. I initially bought the GWN1000 to use as my every day all year round watch to wear. I don't mind wearing the white and the yellow one as an every day watch all year round. None of these three watches will be a drawer queen. What do you think? Can the white and the yellow ones be worn all year round even though the colors are flashy? Does anybody in here currently wear or has worn a white or a yellow G-Shock all year round?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
As far as I know, there is only one generation or version of GWN-1000. The so-called version 2 is the GWN-Q1000.
That's what I thought too. I don't like the version 2 Gulfmaster GWN-Q1000. I've read that they are having issues and problems with them. I personally like the GWN1000 a lot better.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Seller raised prices unfortunately
You're right. The white Gulfmaster went up +$24 and the yellow Gulfmaster went up +$29 and the all black Gulfmaster is sold out. I would've lost out on this deal if I didn't buy the black Gulfmaster. I would've also had to pay +$53 more for the white and yellow Gulfmaster had I not bought them a few days ago when the white one was 69% off and the yellow one was 66% off from their retail price of $500.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Now the party is REALLY over White and Yellow at 275 usd.
Hey STavros78,
Are you by any chance living in Greece? I noticed that you have a Greek name. If you are Greek, I was wondering how many Euros the all black, the white and the yellow GWN1000 Gulfman costs over there in Greece? I was in Greece last summer for 6 weeks, but I didn't see any of the Gulfman models in any of the watch shops in Kalamata where I was at. They only had the old classic style cheaper priced lcd digital Casios like the GW6900, DW6900, DW5600, A168 and A158.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Hello yes iam Greek :) . unfortunately Greek market is dry G-wise and the prices are silly high.All GWN-1000 colourways are around 500 euros and more.Silly.only way is ebay and generally net prices.Kalamata is a very nice place close to the sea and with a great night life beaches and women.its in the South though around 300 kms far from me.
Oh yes, Kalamata is a very beautiful place. The beaches there are really nice and the women there are very beautiful too. They are what I call in Greek, "mounares gamiares". I also love the Greek food over there. There's nothing better and nothing like a Greek kitchen.

Also, that's exactly what I thought about the G-Shock prices over there in Greece too. That they must be very expensive. Especially with the high import and VAT taxes that they put on everything over there. I suppose that the best alternative for many Greeks over there is to buy everything from EBay to get a better deal and to avoid the VAT and import taxes there. It's the smart thing to do. These GWN1000 Gulfman watches are very beautiful watches, but IMHO they are definitely not worth the $500 retail price. They are overpriced on the retail level. I've been wanting to own the Gulfman now for over 3 years, but I wasn't going to spend $250 to $400+ or more for it. I had a feeling that the prices would have to eventually come down somewhat under the $200 mark in order for me to spring to buy one. Because of the 66% and 69% drop in prices, I was able to afford the Gulfman, so I purchased 3 of them to wear them in rotation throughout the week. I wished that the G-Shocks like the Gulfman, the Frogman and some of the other higher end models were more affordable like they used to be during the 80's and 90's.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
We never get deals like this in the EU, ever. And none of the vendors that have these deals would ship over here. Gulfmasters are 575€ in Slovenia... :-S
That's ridiculous to pay 575 Euros for a Gulfmaster.

Meanwhile, the white Gulfmaster that was at an excellent sales discount deal of $156.99 the other day is now being sold at a higher price of $274.99 by the same EBay seller. I'm so glad that I made the move and bought 3 Gulfmasters, the white, the black and the yellow ones all at 65%, 66% and 69% off the retail price.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
LOL i can only agree with all that u mentioned for Greece not cause i live there but it has some great advantages for someone to live there.
I also agree with what u said on the pricing of the Gulfmasters.u did a wise thing to buy all three of them at a great hot deal.
Enjoy them in good health and post a lot of pics so that we can enjoy them as well;-):-!
Thank you Stavros. Euxaristo para poli. Kai Xristos Anesti!
I will try to get some pictures up on here after I get everything. I've been wanting to own this particular Gulfmaster model for the last 3 years and I'm very excited about getting them and wearing each of them. I've been wearing my DW5600E, my A158, my A168, my older GW9000 and GW9010 Mudmans the last many years over here and also while in Greece. My wrist badly needs a change of scenery from what I've been wearing the last 10 years now that I bought the GWN1000 Gulfman watches. I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Buy 1, get 2 for free.
You know what? You're absolutely right. If one considers the $500 full retail price for each of the 3 Gulfmaster watches, then your statement holds true. I paid less than $500 for all 3 of them combined ($494.36 to be exact), so you are right. If you look at it from the $500 full retail price perspective just for only 1 Gulfmaster watch, if I only paid a total of $494.36 for all 3 watches, I really paid for only 1 Gulfmaster and got the other 2 for free.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Congrats on your great deal on the GulfMASTERs!! :-d:-!

Last year I got a GWN-1000C for $224, which I thought was a fantastic deal. (it was, at the time!) I have never EVER seen any of them, NEW, lower than $200. So this was truly an amazing deal!! Glad I picked up a white one myself!
Thank you Time4Playnow. And may you also enjoy your white Gulfmaster too.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts