WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
3241 - 3259 of 3259 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I bought 2 watches from the Casio Outlet and they had tiny imperfections on the band or bezel. I don't know if it was my luck or just par for the course with Casio Outlet. I have gotten watches with issues from other sources so it's not unique to the outlet. I got the impression the outlet has more issues and decided to not buy from there again. It's weird to fault a G-Shock watch for having a tiny nick on the strap but at the same time I don't like surprises when I get a watch. I gave away the watches as gifts. I don't mind the scratches and nicks I put on my watches but I do mind when someone else puts them there. I'm weird.
Same experiences from Casio Outlet. No judgement, but the super minimal (IMHO) imperfections didn't bother me when the prices were right.

From Casio Outlet: Outlet store products may have imperfections to the packaging or may be missing a manual. Products themselves are in new condition.

While that disclaimer says the "products themselves are in new condition", I read between the lines and assume that quite a bit of the product they move are either display models or customer returns. Again, no judgement, you ordered a "new condition" watch that showed up with imperfections. FWIW, and like you, I've had the same experience regarding minor imperfections with "new" watches from ADs, so without pics I can't say if your experience has been better or worse than mine.

Wear your watches in good health, and STAY HEALTHY!

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
I bought 2 watches from the Casio Outlet and they had tiny imperfections on the band or bezel. I don't know if it was my luck or just par for the course with Casio Outlet. I have gotten watches with issues from other sources so it's not unique to the outlet. I got the impression the outlet has more issues and decided to not buy from there again. It's weird to fault a G-Shock watch for having a tiny nick on the strap but at the same time I don't like surprises when I get a watch. I gave away the watches as gifts. I don't mind the scratches and nicks I put on my watches but I do mind when someone else puts them there. I'm weird.
No you are not weird, I am the same way. I had somebody ridicule my annoyance of having the manuals(some of them having staples) in with the G-Shock because a G-Shock is tough and made to be banged about and that i am worried about a manual scratching it. Well those manuals do scratch. I am not worried about scratching my G-Shocks (My GW-5000 is quite well used now after banging it about) and I know a watch is a wear item. However just like shoes, I want no damage on them when they arrive to me if i have bought them new. I want to put every scratch, scuff or ding on it myself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Same experiences from Casio Outlet. No judgement, but the super minimal (IMHO) imperfections didn't bother me when the prices were right.

From Casio Outlet: Outlet store products may have imperfections to the packaging or may be missing a manual. Products themselves are in new condition.

While that disclaimer says the "products themselves are in new condition", I read between the lines and assume that quite a bit of the product they move are either display models or customer returns. Again, no judgement, you ordered a "new condition" watch that showed up with imperfections. FWIW, and like you, I've had the same experience regarding minor imperfections with "new" watches from ADs, so without pics I can't say if your experience has been better or worse than mine.

Wear your watches in good health, and STAY HEALTHY!
I wasn't able to read between the lines like you were until I got the watches. I took the statement at face value. The price is the reason I didn't return them. They are good deals but personally I rather pay more for a watch without flaws. One watch I got from an AD had a weird black spot on the edge of the LCD which they graciously exchanged. Another had some dust on the inside of the glass. I kept it since if it bothered me too much I could always have it cleaned. It's hard to notice so I let it be. Overall, nothing too bad. In my opinion the outlet items should be labeled "Open Box" and/or "Returns".

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Here's a real "lightning deal" on an all-black "Casio Royale" at Target!

Casio Men's World Time Watch - Black (AE1200WH-1AV) - $16.50

You'll need to add enough stuff to get to $35 for free shipping, but who doesn't need $18.50 worth of stuff at Target‽ (Gratuitous interrobang intentional. :) )

When I bought mine it said "Quantities Limited," so if you've always wanted to land one of these, now is your chance!

Update 9/14/2021: Sold out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's a real "lightning deal" on an all-black "Casio Royale" at Target!

Casio Men's World Time Watch - Black (AE1200WH-1AV) - $16.50

You'll need to add enough stuff to get to $35 for free shipping, but who doesn't need $18.50 worth of stuff at Target‽ (Gratuitous interrobang intentional. :) )

When I bought mine it said "Quantities Limited," so if you've always wanted to land one of these, now is your chance!
How many alarms does it have??? Oh wait... ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
A question... Opinions please: NOS GWF-D1000B-1ER for 590EUR (here in Europe)? Is that good price or should I try to lower it with seller?

·
Registered
200 Posts
A question... Opinions please: NOS GWF-D1000B-1ER for 590EUR (here in Europe)? Is that good price or should I try to lower it with seller?
I am guessing that you are referring to Slowatch outlet. The 50% off the full price is ok but you only get the watch and the band tag. The original papers, inner and outer box are not included. You get a generic gshock black box and grey tinbox with printed Slovenian manual.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am guessing that you are referring to Slowatch outlet. The 50% off the full price is ok but you only get the watch and the band tag. The original papers, inner and outer box are not included. You get a generic gshock black box and grey tinbox with printed Slovenian manual.
Hey živjo,thx... Missing box is reason I wanna try to hassle a price to lower...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey živjo,thx... Missing box is reason I wanna try to hassle a price to lower...
Zdravo, kolega;). My advice is that you go and check it out in their store. Some of them may have some minor imperfections as they have been around for some time without the box. They can be a little dirty from the dust around the corners here and there and in some, if you are ultra OCD, you can find a debris or two under the glass but nothing serious. The price defenitely is tempting. I bought a GWF-D1000-1ER from them with 40% off(so additional 10%) but they probably will not go lower than 50% for the blue model.

·
Registered
Rolex Fanboys > G shock Cultists
2,229 Posts
GA2100SKE available on the G shock store for retail before taxes with free shipping.

Sent from my Gooble Box using Rick’s Teleportation Device.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Tempting, uggh.

Very tempting, indeed!

The show-stopper for me on many of these watches is the fact that the current time isn't displayed during stopwatch or timer modes.

Casio recently fixed this with the "U" modules in the squares, and I hope they bring those updates to their other lines as well. There's enough LCD real estate to accomplish this on the 7900.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,818 Posts
I will keep bringing this model up because it is so good for what it is. Amazon has it again for under $20.

And the grey/negative lcd version as well under $20.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I will keep bringing this model up because it is so good for what it is. Amazon has it again for under $20.

And the grey/negative lcd version as well under $20.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered. For the price, I don’t see a better value available at the moment.

·
Premium Member
14,818 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered. For the price, I don’t see a better value available at the moment.
You are welcome. This watch is my "Go-To" for everything yard or chore related. It is super lightweight and the big digits are a blessing for my old eyes. The dual led is pretty good. To be fair I am not a fan of amber leds. But this model lights up the entire screen very well.

3241 - 3259 of 3259 Posts