WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
3401 - 3420 of 3538 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thank you @usclassic for flagging this sale at JCP. Scored the GW-M5610 AND a Duro for what will be a combined $70 shipped, which is a screaming deal.

Sale price for the two watches combined was $105, but there is a 10% discount you get for creating an online account. With tax (and free shipping) my order was just under $100. But BeFrugal has 14% cashback running if you click through their site on the way to JCP, and Chase is also offering 15% back from JCP, as well. So basically $70 net for both. Fun!
What are the odds that it's the 5610U I wonder...

·
Registered
320 Posts
If anyone wants a solar G5600E this is a smokin deal -

Probably too good to be true but for $53.22 I ordered one anyway. The only have like 3 left.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Been looking at those for awhile. Will pick one up for sure. Thanks for the post.
Will be interesting to see if these $150 purchases results in an extra $45 credit for a future purchase, as the website suggests. It could be like getting a second watch for basically free.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts

Probably too good to be true but for $53.22 I ordered one anyway. The only have like 3 left.
Thanks for the heads up I just bought one also. I paid with a Credit card so if there is an issue I will get my money back.

·
Registered
753 Posts

i'd steer clear of a seller with only 7 feedback selling a multiple quantity G Shock

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
i'd steer clear of a seller with only 7 feedback selling a multiple quantity G Shock

At less then $60 it is a worth while risk to take. The reward is far greater. A chance to have a new G-5600 in the "collection" for not much money

Besides I paid with paypal using a credit card. If the deal goes south I let eBay take care of it, if ebay fails me then I hit up my credit card and have them take care of the issue (they have always been good to me). i never bother with dealing with paypal with an issue, I simply walk over them and let my credit card company deal with it

As for a person that has under 10 feedback with multiple of the same G-Shock, this seller seems to be selling a lot of different things. He/she probably is a bulk seller that got a bunch of watches from some close of business sale.

Of course you had a lot of sellers that had a bunch of GWM-500F for sale last year around this time since they bought them up from Walmarts (it was on clearance at $25 there)

·
Registered
600 Posts
that would look really good with transparent resin, either pos or neg would work too I think
Received it today Beefy - nice and blingy. I like the fact it has gold hardware too - something I didn't realise. I'm now thinking about putting it on a transparent brown or coffee coloured strap and bezel, there's a few on AE around the £10 mark. Possibly one which has a graduated finish on the transparency. Anyway, that's food for thought. I'm now going to stick with the positive display BTW. I've got four other G Shocks and they're all negative displays, so it's about time I had a positive one.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Received it today Beefy - nice and blingy. I like the fact it has gold hardware too - something I didn't realise. I'm now thinking about putting it on a transparent brown or coffee coloured strap and bezel, there's a few on AE around the £10 mark. Possibly one which has a graduated finish on the transparency. Anyway, that's food for thought. I'm now going to stick with the positive display BTW. I've got four other G Shocks and they're all negative displays, so it's about time I had a positive one.
You could always just swap a module so one of the others is positive...? Unless the others aren't 3229s?

·
Registered
Casio, Seiko, Citizen
199 Posts

A few weeks ago I asked them for actual photos of item and they never responded.

·
Premium Member
14,974 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yes he is correct.

I bought a couple from Amazon back in Oct and they were 5610U versions

Amazon still seems to list it as the GWM-5610-1 on the ad and the packaging but they were U versions
I just got the watch in today and it’s NOT the GWM-5610-U. It’s the older version GWM-5610-1

What are the odds that it's the 5610U I wonder...
Not good. I received the older version GWM-5610-1

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Still a bargain and still a blazing good watch.
Yeah, I like it, but I really wish that Amazon could’ve sent me the newer U version because I like being able to see the time in the stopwatch and in the countdown timer modes. I also like the LED light in the newer U version better than the EL Light that’s in the older version. Anyways, I’m going to keep this older version GWM-5610-1 and I will wait until Amazon sells out on it and then I will purchase the newer U version when they stock up on the newer U version.
I would send this older version GWM-5610-1 back to them for an exchange, but I’m afraid that I will get another older version GWM-5610-1 again from them and I will not be happy if I end up with the same old version again. So I will just keep this one and wear it. The good thing about this older version GWM-5610-1 that I got is that I received an additional discount of $13.65 for it and only paid $77.35 before tax for it ($82.18 with tax). So it was a good deal for this watch even though I wanted the newer U version of this model. I guess that I can’t be choosy when getting it for this low bargain price. The same watch is selling for $91.00 plus tax on Amazon right now.
I don’t know if this is any help to the members in here who want to get the newer U version, but I noticed when reading all the reviews on Amazon about this model that most of the people who got the newer U version got theirs throughout the month of October and one person got a U version on November 10th. Everyone else that purchased directly from Amazon Prime during the month of November got the older version model. Maybe Amazon ran out of the older version model in October and that’s why they shipped out the newer U version model out to their customers. Maybe they received more of the older version model in the month of November and they’re reverting back to shipping the older model now that they got more in stock. The last 4 serial numbers on my older version GWM-5610-1 that I received from Amazon today are 172A which I think means that my watch was manufactured on the 172nd day of 2021 which is June 21st. I also noticed that the last time that my watch synched with the atomic time was on June 24th at 11:50pm just 3 days after it was manufactured. My watch also came with its battery charge level at high (H) and with the home time zone set at NYC. I thought that all of the Casio G-Shock atomic watches came with the time zone set for Tokyo (TYO). Did others in here that bought this same older version model directly from Amazon Prime like I did get their watch with its home time zone set for NYC? My watch was delivered brand new without and indication that it was used or returned by anyone and it was perfectly packaged in a small black Casio cardboard box with a clear baggie around the watch with 2 folded Spanish instruction manuals, an English instruction manual in the form of a booklet, the warranty papers with a Casio warranty card and a few other small papers that were stuffed inside the English instruction manual. Did other members in here who recently purchased this older version GWM-5610-1 also receive the same paperwork like I did with their watch?

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
If anyone of my UK based friends is a member of the Bluelight Card or Defence Discount Services websites then each have a Black Friday discount at G-Shock UK of 30% from 25-29 Nov 👍

3401 - 3420 of 3538 Posts