WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
3421 - 3440 of 3538 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
does that work on already discounted watches?
Sorry, should have said, nope:confused:. The watches already on their own B/Friday sale have a statement saying no discount codes can be used. I did actually try and it didn't work,

Saying that, every now and again they do actually work, I had one of the Marino Morwood 5600's using a discount. Maybe it's worth keeping trying over the next few days?

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Been like that last couple of days. Not even like there's anything worth getting
Yeah agreed! They have added a few more since the initial lot, but that initial lot was pretty poor, basically the same few watches they had in their Summer Sale

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Amazon US now has gwm5610 for $91 plus tax. And based on comments and some forum members recent experience, it’s actually the upgraded U version.

View attachment 16255060
You are correct sir, must be new discount. I think they are price matching Kohl's.

View attachment 16255276
Has anyone received their watch from Amazon, Kohl’s or JC Penny yet from any of the ads that advertised it on sale that are posted above? I would like to know if anyone received the newer U version or if they received the older version GMW-5610-1 with the EL electroluminescent light without the time display in the stopwatch and countdown timer mode. The one that I received from Amazon last night is the older version and NOT the newer LED U version with the time display showing in the stopwatch and the countdown timer mode. I really wanted the newer U version, but I lucked out.
I already have 5 or 6 of this same older version G-Shock GWM-5610-1 model in my collection that I purchased a number of years back that were all made in China and the Auto EL Light doesn’t work on none of them when I flick my wrist to see the time in the dark. The older version GWM-5610-1 that I just received from Amazon yesterday is made in Thailand. I just hope that the Auto EL Light on this one doesn’t stop working like it did on all of my 6 other ones that I own.
I’ve decided to keep this one for 3 reasons. First because it’s made in Thailand and not in China. It will be the ONLY GWM-5610-1 model that I own that’s made in Thailand unlike all the other ones that are made in China which are all pieces of junk. Second because the Auto EL Light on it is working. Hopefully the Auto EL Light on this Thailand made one will not break and stop working like it did on all my 6 other China made ones. And thirdly, because I like that it looks exactly just like the original DW5000C from 1983 that I purchased brand new that I used to own for many years. But I still wish that this one had the time display in the stopwatch and countdown timer modes.
Do you think that I should send it back and exchange it for another one hoping that Amazon sends me the newer U version of this model? Or do you think that I will get the same older version from Amazon again just like I got right now? What should I do? Should I take a second gamble and return this one for hope of Amazon sending me the newer U version? I don’t know what to do at this point. I do know that the cheap discount price together with the hope of me getting the newer U version is the reason why I ordered this model. I will be very disappointed if I return this older version back to Amazon and receive another same older version again. I really want the newer U version.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
if you have to have the new model, find somewhere that sells the new model.

Has anyone received their watch from Amazon, Kohl’s or JC Penny yet from any of the ads that advertised it on sale that are posted above? I would like to know if anyone received the newer U version or if they received the older version GMW-5610-1 with the EL electroluminescent light without the time display in the stopwatch and countdown timer mode. The one that I received from Amazon last night is the older version and NOT the newer LED U version with the time display showing in the stopwatch and the countdown timer mode. I really wanted the newer U version, but I lucked out.
I already have 5 or 6 of this same older version G-Shock GWM-5610-1 model in my collection that I purchased a number of years back that were all made in China and the Auto EL Light doesn’t work on none of them when I flick my wrist to see the time in the dark. The older version GWM-5610-1 that I just received from Amazon yesterday is made in Thailand. I just hope that the Auto EL Light on this one doesn’t stop working like it did on all of my 6 other ones that I own.
I’ve decided to keep this one for 3 reasons. First because it’s made in Thailand and not in China. It will be the ONLY GWM-5610-1 model that I own that’s made in Thailand unlike all the other ones that are made in China which are all pieces of junk. Second because the Auto EL Light on it is working. Hopefully the Auto EL Light on this Thailand made one will not break and stop working like it did on all my 6 other China made ones. And thirdly, because I like that it looks exactly just like the original DW5000C from 1983 that I purchased brand new that I used to own for many years. But I still wish that this one had the time display in the stopwatch and countdown timer modes.
Do you think that I should send it back and exchange it for another one hoping that Amazon sends me the newer U version of this model? Or do you think that I will get the same older version from Amazon again just like I got right now? What should I do? Should I take a second gamble and return this one for hope of Amazon sending me the newer U version? I don’t know what to do at this point. I do know that the cheap discount price together with the hope of me getting the newer U version is the reason why I ordered this model. I will be very disappointed if I return this older version back to Amazon and receive another same older version again. I really want the newer U version.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
if you have to have the new model, find somewhere that sells the new model.
I prefer to own the new U version, but I'm not desperate and I’m willing to wait until Amazon gets them in stock after they run out of the older version G-WM5610-1. I don’t want to spend $172 - $200 right now for the newer U version. It’s too much money. I would like to see the new U version sell for under or around $100 in order for me to buy it.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Okay, I decided to test out the waters on Amazon again. I purchased another GWM5610 G-Shock from them to see whether or not Amazon will send me the newer U version with the LED Light and with the time in the stopwatch and countdown timer modes or if they will send me the older version with the EL Light. I purchased this second one for $91.00 plus tax which came out to $96.69. I had bought the same exact watch just 3 days ago for $14.51 less for $82.18 with the tax included. So I paid $14.51 more this time around for the same watch. I’m hoping that Amazon will send me the newer U version model. If I don’t get the newer U version this second time around I might keep it as a spare or I might return it. I know that back in October Amazon was shipping out the new U version of this model to a lot of people who purchased this watch. The last date that they shipped the newer U version to customers was sometime in the end of October to the first week of November. An Amazon customer wrote a review on November 10 on the website and they clearly showed a picture of their GWM5610 being the newer U version.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Anyone checked out mltd.com, I believe they have 35% black Friday and they have a selection of gshocks on there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I clicked on a few G-Shocks, and they all said, "Coupons not valid for this item." For some reason, MLTD seems to have stopped accepting their own coupons for G-Shocks a while ago.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,432 ·

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
I clicked on a few G-Shocks, and they all said, "Coupons not valid for this item." For some reason, MLTD seems to have stopped accepting their own coupons for G-Shocks a while ago.
Yeah, it's damn shame. MLTD used to be the go-to for many of us on here. I bought the GMW-B5000TCM-1 for $450 under MSRP from them. Ah the good ol' days.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Okay, I decided to test out the waters on Amazon again. I purchased another GWM5610 G-Shock from them to see whether or not Amazon will send me the newer U version with the LED Light and with the time in the stopwatch and countdown timer modes or if they will send me the older version with the EL Light. I purchased this second one for $91.00 plus tax which came out to $96.69. I had bought the same exact watch just 3 days ago for $14.51 less for $82.18 with the tax included. So I paid $14.51 more this time around for the same watch. I’m hoping that Amazon will send me the newer U version model. If I don’t get the newer U version this second time around I might keep it as a spare or I might return it. I know that back in October Amazon was shipping out the new U version of this model to a lot of people who purchased this watch. The last date that they shipped the newer U version to customers was sometime in the end of October to the first week of November. An Amazon customer wrote a review on November 10 on the website and they clearly showed a picture of their GWM5610 being the newer U version.
I don't claim to know how Amazon's logistics work, but I imagine that different areas of the USA are serviced by different Amazon warehouses, and the item you receive will be what's stocked in your nearest warehouse.

If you received the version you didn't want a couple days ago, I would think you'd likely get another one from the same batch if you placed another order right now.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I don't claim to know how Amazon's logistics work, but I imagine that different areas of the USA are serviced by different Amazon warehouses, and the item you receive will be what's stocked in your nearest warehouse.

If you received the version you didn't want a couple days ago, I would think you'd likely get another one from the same batch if you placed another order right now.
We’ll see what happens. I can always return it if I don’t like it. I would like to know how many people in here that have ordered the same model like I did from Amazon Prime within the last one week received the newer U version or the old version just like I received the old version.

·
Registered
753 Posts
We’ll see what happens. I can always return it if I don’t like it. I would like to know how many people in here that have ordered the same model like I did from Amazon Prime within the last one week received the newer U version or the old version just like I received the old version.
sell the 5 or 6 China made GW-M5610's that you still have

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Amazon just put a limit on how many G-Shocks of the same model that one can purchase from their website. I don’t know whether or not this has anything to do with their Black Friday sale. There’s a maximum allowable purchase of only 3 watches for the G-WM5610 as well as for all of their other G-Shocks that they have for sale on their website. Why would they only allow each person to buy only 3 of the same model watch? They’ve never done anything like this before. Can somebody go on the Amazon website verify this for me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Amazon just put a limit on how many G-Shocks of the same model that one can purchase from their website. I don’t know whether or not this has anything to do with their Black Friday sale. There’s a maximum allowable purchase of only 3 watches for the G-WM5610 as well as for all of their other G-Shocks that they have for sale on their website. Why would they only allow each person to buy only 3 of the same model watch? They’ve never done anything like this before. Can somebody go on the Amazon website verify this for me. Thanks
This is what happened when I had 3 in my cart and tried to increase the quantity.

My guess is that people are buying them at a high velocity, which kicked off a process to limit purchases.

Amazon is most likely trying to limit resellers as well as prevent a huge wave of returns post-Black Friday (e.g. someone buys a dozen just to pick out the one that they like, then return the rest).

By the way, this latter technique is a sure way to wind up on Amazon's "no return" Blacklist.

Watch Font Clock Rectangle Jewellery

3421 - 3440 of 3538 Posts