WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pssst....hey Buddy...psssst...wanna buy a watch??

But seriously, some of you have already seen them but check out the little guys, Bulova hack, Rolex and an Oris, all at or just under 33mm. Man they made things small during the century of wars.

Peace,
Preston

Sent from the inner reaches of my mind.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
And they will be back in fashion one day. Unless there are very good reasons for things never to come back into vogue, then style is always cyclical.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
It's like 23mm or something and I love it plus it's a birth year watch (both of 'em)...:

It's good to rock the vintage..., get back to our roots. I even like 'em on my 8" wrists. I never understood the, "Does this watch make my butt look big" threads. I can wear a 23mm on my 8" wrists and it doesn't bother me at all. If someone else has a problem with it... tough! Never have, and I usually get compliments.

Reactions: Ottovonn

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,065 Posts
^

Those watches are smaller than some modern women's watches (actually some women's watches are pretty damn big). Even I couldn't do that (my smallest piece is 36mm). I have much respect for you.

Reactions: I Like em BIG ! !

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Elgin is a stunner, here's a couple more of my littles, I'm a huge fan of gigantic watches, within reason of course. However I can't get enough of the small vintage pieces, beautiful movements, ornate cases etc etc.

Amazing Waltham, adjusted 4 positions, the movement is a masterpiece in this thing.

My work in progress Bulova, the case on this is the best I've found to date, it glistens like a fine diamond when the light hits it just right, just need to find the correct subdial second hand for it. I'm leaving the damaged dial the way it is, it's too rare to mess with.

I have a few others but are not ready for public viewing yet.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
^

Those watches are smaller than some modern women's watches (actually some women's watches are pretty damn big). Even I couldn't do that (my smallest piece is 36mm). I have much respect for you.
Thanx! Too funny!

That Elgin is a stunner, here's a couple more of my littles, I'm a huge fan of gigantic watches, within reason of course. However I can't get enough of the small vintage pieces, beautiful movements, ornate cases etc etc.

Amazing Waltham, adjusted 4 positions, the movement is a masterpiece in this thing.

My work in progress Bulova, the case on this is the best I've found to date, it glistens like a fine diamond when the light hits it just right, just need to find the correct subdial second hand for it. I'm leaving the damaged dial the way it is, it's too rare to mess with.

I have a few others but are not ready for public viewing yet.

Peace,
Preston

My sentiments exactly Preston, sweet Waltham! I'l have to dig out few other vintages... Thanx Gents!!

Edit: Plus, let's not forget... you can usually pick 'em up pretty cheap! No body wants 'em, except those that "Know"!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Very nice...my Seiko "Tank" homage is my smallest. I really love this little guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts