WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Haha. I'm being called out!

I've considered the Ohio on several occasions; standing at my AD staring at one more times than I care to admit. It really is a nice model.

Ultimately, I passed on the Ohio for two reasons: 1) 38mm is just a tad too small for my tastes (the reason why I flipped the Trainmaster 60 Seconds) and 2) I really like all stick markers on a formal dress watch. Am I too picky? :think: Perhaps. Three years into this hobby and I'm just starting to hone in on what I like.

It's close! I could be convinced to buy one, if I found the right deal. ;-)

Rob

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I might add that this Ball is in the crosshairs right now. I can live with the square case, but would love to see this in the round 40mm EMII case:

(not my pic. can you tell?)

Rob

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would normally stay away from square cases but this one... :-! I think this may appeal more to the ladies?

I might add that this Ball is in the crosshairs right now. I can live with the square case, but would love to see this in the round 40mm EMII case:

(not my pic. can you tell?)

Rob

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I would normally stay away from square cases but this one... :-! I think this may appeal more to the ladies?
I thought that I kind of felt the same way about square/tonneau cased watches...but then I had the chance to try on a Conductor Chronograph LE, while at our Museum Tour in San Francisco. I loved it! The size, shape, the amazing dial work, and that very nicely domed "tv" sapphire crystal... :p

Marc Ofte, Ball USA's Nat'l Sales Mgr and Tour Docent, even had me take a closer inspection of the dial's detailing, with a 10x jewelers loupe. No apologies necessary, as the detailing looked marvelous under magnification!
I only wish that Ball could have offered this beautiful watch in a satin brushed finish option. The case and bracelet are completely polished...beautiful...but just a tiny bit too blingy for me.

I'd highly recommend anyone who might be remotely interested in a Conductor model, to visit their local AD and try one on! Even if you're on the fence about the square styled case, it'd be worth it to see one on your wrist. :-!

This pic has been borrowed from a Ball dealer website. The Conductor Chrono that I tried on had the polished ss bracelet option.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
When I saw Marc the other day, he had a Conductor Chrono on. Really nice piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts