WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a relatively watch challenged part of the world. Yes surprising but not a huge selection of watches in such a wealthy area.

I love watches and am just starting to collect a few new brands to me. I like Anonimo, PAM, IWC pilots, JLC Reverso, and Rolex TT watches. I like the VCO too. Anyway, hoping to learn and help out here at WUS.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Welcome to WUS, there are several members in your area, so it's not as bad as you think. Welcome again and enjoy yourself, great Datejust.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome! Good to see someone liking lesser talked about brands (Anonimo)

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Welcome, you already seem to know a lot. Since you mentioned reversos, here's mine:

photo-11.JPG

·
Registered
575 Posts
There is a great shop just up from the trolley station going toward the Tenderloin. I'm not there and don't recall the name; but its a nice walk too!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Greetings from Mountain View.

FYI, Tick Tock Shop in Santa Clara is a fantastic watch repair place. He recently serviced my Speedy Pro and did a fantastic job.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Yes, there's actually quite of few of us living in the Valley of Hearts Delight. Sometimes, we hang out at each others houses and geek out over watches.

Are you close to Great Mall. Have you been to the Jade Galore jeweler?

Welcome!!!
One of the few places around here that carries JLCs. I sometimes pop in just to have a look-see if I'm doing something over at McCarthy ranch. They're also open to negotiations. All around solid place.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes, there's actually quite of few of us living in the Valley of Hearts Delight. Sometimes, we hang out at each others houses and geek out over watches.

One of the few places around here that carries JLCs. I sometimes pop in just to have a look-see if I'm doing something over at McCarthy ranch. They're also open to negotiations. All around solid place.
I'm from east bay so it's far from me but kinda wanted to check it out when I visit Great Mall next time.

Btw, do you know if they accept trade-ins? I was thinking either going to SFO or over there, and yelp has favorable reviews of (Jade Galre) over there compared to the stores in SFO (Like Shreve).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Heheh
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. So we have Bay Area get togethers eh

I'm in LG and there aren't many places to view a good selection. I drove all the way up to Burlingame just to view a few Anonimo. Seems like we need to make a Swinger's road trip to Vegas just to geek out on a nice selection.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354058629.813395.jpg

I don't think there are an APs to speak of around here. Limited PPs too. I'd like to find a nice Reverso for wifey too.

Cheers

PS I just sent an email to jade, asking about their reverso selection. Looks like they have three locations. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I'm from east bay so it's far from me but kinda wanted to check it out when I visit Great Mall next time.

Btw, do you know if they accept trade-ins? I was thinking either going to SFO or over there, and yelp has favorable reviews of (Jade Galre) over there compared to the stores in SFO (Like Shreve).
No, I don't believe they accept trade-ins. If you're ready to buy or know what you want, come and see them. They're friendly and, more importantly, they're willing to talk about the price. They're not going to be able to beat grey market prices and they come close (but still can't beat) the prices of various out-of-state forum favorite ADs. They make an effort to work with you and they're local, which should count for something. However, if you're just looking, the selection is a bit limited (unless you want to see Rolexes, and if you do they've got tons). When I was shopping for my Memovox last year, Jade didn't have them in the store. I had to drop by Shreve to check it out in person. However, be forewarned that Shreve has horrendous customer service. The kind of horrendous service that would make you want to travel further and spend more money at another place just to deny them a sale.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
There are quite a few watch stores by you plus multi forum sponsor Topers is in Burlingame about 20 minutes away. Toppers does take trades. We have an office right on Great American and there're are some big Multi brand stores a few minutes from there when I'm out on that coast.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are quite a few watch stores by you plus multi forum sponsor Topers is in Burlingame about 20 minutes away. Toppers does take trades. We have an office right on Great American and there're are some big Multi brand stores a few minutes from there when I'm out on that coast.
They're 45 min away and have limited selection. It's really quite lame what is available in an area of about 10 million people. Tournau Santana row same thing. Valley Fair has a store with a lot of nice selection but very limited in Patek. No AP or JLC. Sad...

·
Registered
41,190 Posts
Tourneau and D & L used to carry JLC.

CH still does, but be carefull there.
They're 45 min away and have limited selection. It's really quite lame what is available in an area of about 10 million people. Tournau Santana row same thing. Valley Fair has a store with a lot of nice selection but very limited in Patek. No AP or JLC. Sad...

·
Registered
243 Posts
No, I don't believe they accept trade-ins. If you're ready to buy or know what you want, come and see them. They're friendly and, more importantly, they're willing to talk about the price. They're not going to be able to beat grey market prices and they come close (but still can't beat) the prices of various out-of-state forum favorite ADs. They make an effort to work with you and they're local, which should count for something. However, if you're just looking, the selection is a bit limited (unless you want to see Rolexes, and if you do they've got tons). When I was shopping for my Memovox last year, Jade didn't have them in the store. I had to drop by Shreve to check it out in person. However, be forewarned that Shreve has horrendous customer service. The kind of horrendous service that would make you want to travel further and spend more money at another place just to deny them a sale.
Lol, I've read reviews about Shreve on yelp and it's exactly what you said (Especially that one particular guy iirc). That's why when I'm ready to buy a Rolex, I'll drive over there. But shame they don't accept trade-ins. I have the feeling they won't. I was planning on trading my PO8500 for a new subc. And I wanted to try and shop there first since they are a Rolex AD. Lately Rolex is calling me. lol. Thanks btw for the helpful info. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Welcome to WUS.

I'm in LG too. CH Premier jewelers in Valley Fair does carry JLC, along with Panerai, Patek, IWC, Blancpain, Breguet, Hublot and some others that aren't coming to mind at the moment. Tourneau in Santana Row kind of sucks. I haven't been up to Topper in a long while but remember them having some interesting stuff and being really nice. Shreve in Palo Alto/SF has some nice stuff, but I've never bought from them. My favorite watch store is Chatel and Co. in Carmel. I bought my PAM 190 there and the owner (Hugues) is a great guy and a fine watchmaker. Worth the drive on a nice day.

I've been thinking about arranging a local GTG. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts