WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I've visited your Forum before, this is my first post on it. I've owned one Rolex for a while, a '77 TT Oyster Date. I hope to add a TT Sub or GMT at some point shortly.

Anyway, I've been looking at 1957 Vintage Rolex's for years, hoping to purchase a decent one as it's my birth year. Over the years I've found several that I wish I would have bought. I currently have one in mind and I'd like your opinions on it. Hopefully the pictures will show up. The seller says it has a blued second hand, which I'm not sure is correct.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wonder if I would have sign my post "Thomas"...

:roll: :roll: :roll: It might have been replied to!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hi Bob,

I wish I could help, but on a scale of 1 to 10, my knowledge on vintage Rolexes is -5. :-D

·
Registered
28 Posts
You have to take two things into consideration.

1. How authentic is the Rolex watch, or is it pieced together with other Rolex or non Rolex parts.

2. Will An authorized Rolex repair facility i.e., New York, or Texas, be willing to repair and maintain the watch for you.

You have the same idea I had about owning a watch made in the year I was born, but the best way to go is through a collector who can put his reputation on the line when it comes to authenticity of a Rolex that old. It will cost you more in the short run, but skyrocket in the long run.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You have to take two things into consideration.

1. How authentic is the Rolex watch, or is it pieced together with other Rolex or non Rolex parts.

2. Will An authorized Rolex repair facility i.e., New York, or Texas, be willing to repair and maintain the watch for you.

You have the same idea I had about owning a watch made in the year I was born, but the best way to go is through a collector who can put his reputation on the line when it comes to authenticity of a Rolex that old. It will cost you more in the short run, but skyrocket in the long run.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Go on to the vintage Rolex section on timezone they will be able to answer all your questions.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts