WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In particular,i dont think ive ever seen a case open like this one....

IMG_1325.JPG

Is this some special case type ?

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

is this considered just a "plain polish" case,or something else..? I see theres like 12+ possible descriptions,but have no idea which this is.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Here's a link to your movement below. The hallmark looks like the case may be 14k .585 gold. I'm presuming this is about a 12s pocket watch. The case looks like it may have been a custom order case. I'm not sure. I haven't seen one like it before either.
https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/result/waltham/20989054

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
tkobo...Hello. If you'll provide the Serial Number on the movement, I'll tell you all about it! And: in almost all situations with American watches, there are no case number lists. Finally: this case is among the least-encountered USA styles, but was certainly mass produced...I cannot quite make out the maker's marks on your case, so I do not know if it's solid 14K or gold filled... Thanks for the Posting...nice Waltham! Michael.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
12 size Waltham colonial swing out case. The diamond shape starts with 14K but continues with another word. Hard to make out. All other inscriptions inside the case other than the case serial number are personalization and watch maker marks.

I have seen cases like this before but usually on Hamilton watches. I think 910 or 912 usually.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
When I zoom in on the caseback, this is what I see inside the hallmark. 14K, 585 FINE, 000 Outside the hallmark is Waltham (on top) and Colonial (on bottom) 378717
I did not notice but you managed to figure the serial number....you must have some good zoom. Mine looked like 2089 at the start. Was trying to get into the NAWCC Waltham DB Lookup but the link is dead again for me. Trying to figure out if "Colonial Size" is 10/12/14 size.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I did not notice but you managed to figure the serial number....you must have some good zoom. Mine looked like 2089 at the start. Was trying to get into the NAWCC Waltham DB Lookup but the link is dead again for me. Trying to figure out if "Colonial Size" is 10/12/14 size.
If you go to the link I provided above to the pocketwatch database, you can click "colonial" for the size of your watch. It will then take you to a page that will have a list of pw sizes. If you have some calipers, you can determine what size it is by measuring it.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
If you go to the link I provided above to the pocketwatch database, you can click "colonial" for the size of your watch. It will then take you to a page that will have a list of pw sizes. If you have some calipers, you can determine what size it is by measuring it.
I would if I had the watch LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts