WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just want to introduce myself. I started getting into watches maybe 4 years now...? Started with a fashion watch then moved to a Seiko. I'm from asia, so I saw Seikos are pretty much the go to watch for that amazing price & quality ratio. Now, i'm mostly into armed forces related watches, not sure why, maybe too much GiJoe and Top Gun when I was a kid, haha.

This site has been almost the go to place for me when I want some quality content especially before youtube blew up with all the watch reviews etc. Looking forward to discussions and geeking out on watches.

For now i'll just share my recent favourite addition to my watches, the Marathon Navigator! 46374G!
...and the past fav the CWC 6B Luminova.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Remembered most forums of years back where new members would introduce themselves first so thought i should do one here aswell. Read the guidelines and rules but there seemed to be no rules requiring but felt had to. Cheers!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for telling the community that you started out with a fashion watch. We tend to think [hope] that they are a gateway into the watch world, and it's nice to see that it's true for some people.

And nice staging and lighting on your pics.

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
welcome - good to have you aboard
Your pics are really good and show off the watches

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Those pics are great!! Welcome to WUS.

Reactions: DC guy and Guasch

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Welcome! For a forum full of members who love micro detail, there are not nearly enough macro pics. Your gift for macro photography will be a welcome blessing as your watch collection grows.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Nice to see some love for Marathon! They tend to be just a bit under appreciated around here, IMO.🤔

Reactions: Guasch

·
Premium Member
7,352 Posts
Love Marathon and I've thought about a CWC. Great pics and welcome!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
That closeup picture of those Marathon hands is gorgeous!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi! Just want to introduce myself. I started getting into watches maybe 4 years now...? Started with a fashion watch then moved to a Seiko. I'm from asia, so I saw Seikos are pretty much the go to watch for that amazing price & quality ratio. Now, i'm mostly into armed forces related watches, not sure why, maybe too much GiJoe and Top Gun when I was a kid, haha.

This site has been almost the go to place for me when I want some quality content especially before youtube blew up with all the watch reviews etc. Looking forward to discussions and geeking out on watches.

For now i'll just share my recent favourite addition to my watches, the Marathon Navigator! 46374G!
...and the past fav the CWC 6B Luminova.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

View attachment 15461106 View attachment 15461108

View attachment 15461107

View attachment 15461110

Remembered most forums of years back where new members would introduce themselves first so thought i should do one here aswell. Read the guidelines and rules but there seemed to be no rules requiring but felt had to. Cheers!
Nice watches and nice photos! Welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone! Very glad you like the images. I do work in a photography studio so I do practice the craft daily, but never done watches commercially. These are done as a sort of a meditation, camera and tripod on one hand and a glass of bourbon on the other. haha!

Welcome, and thanks for telling the community that you started out with a fashion watch. We tend to think [hope] that they are a gateway into the watch world, and it's nice to see that it's true for some people.

And nice staging and lighting on your pics.
Yeah, If I didnt get that fashion watch I wouldnt ever gotten into watches. The thought of getting one was ridiculous for me at the time, a glance on the phone screen was enough for me to tell the time... didnt realize there was more to watches than just telling time. Now I cant imagine going through a day without a watch.

Nice to see some love for Marathon! They tend to be just a bit under appreciated around here, IMO.🤔
I'm surprised, but maybe its always the side of WUS that I lurk in. the Sandy, benrus, westclox, hammy, marathon corner haha!

Love Marathon and I've thought about a CWC. Great pics and welcome!
They're great! There's a level of precision to it that is satisfying; fit, finish, and the spot on hands to their markers. visual satisfaction for relatively little money.

---
Here have another one guys. Forgot I had this shot too.
You can see how long the exposure was based on the seconds hand ghosting.

Edit: adding keywords for those searching for Lume shots of tritium lume.

·
Registered
Tissot PR 516 GL, Sea-Gull 1963, Seiko SKXA35, Seiko Cocktail Time, Vostok Komandirskie
2,761 Posts
Classy entrance. Welcome and thanks for adding value to the forum.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts