WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ,

i am a noob when comes to the watch making industry .
Started to do some research on the internet on how to make a watch dial and i realised that are required some machine to do that .
The most important one is the Pad Printer or a.k.a Tampon printer .
I know that maybe in this website there maybe some other thread asking the same thing but unfortunatly i can not find it .
My question is this : Wich is the best manual High Precision Pad printer for watch dials ?

On the internet i was able to find some chinese brands wich sell this machine but lets say that i did not liked those .
There are some videos on youtube how super brands do the watch dials using some manual pad printer like the one i have attached here .
The problem is thai i can not find a company wich sells this kind of Manual Pad Printers .
Can some help me with some indications or maybe a link where i can find this Manual Pad Printers .
Thanks in advance .

E.Kapllanaj

pad printer.png

·
Registered
719 Posts
You'll probably want to search for a secondhand machine, and for fully manual ones best bet is Switzerland. Use 'decalqueuse' or 'machine a decalquer' as search terms. Here's one at one of the big machine dealers here.

dial printer

Scemama, Greub, Luthy, and Meuller are all large dealers who handle everything from boring mills the size of an apartment to small watchmaking machinery.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi Enerik and welcome to the forum.

I'm also interested in making some dials and there are some used machines that would cost around $700-800 around.

However, I ended up making my own from vslot components.
IMG_20170406_214702.jpg
Here is an example of some test prints I did.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/pad-printing-lume-vostok-dials-4486535.html#post43628259

I would also warn you that the machine is probably 20% of the job.
Pad printing is not a simple task, as I'm finding out.

I'm happy to share information so PM me if you are interested.

Reactions: Iandk

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Search Ebay for Pad Printing machines. Various models from China from about $200 and up.

There's more to this than just printing the dial

You need to learn how to back spray the dial, lacquer finishing as you don't print on the actual dial, but on the lacquer finish

Removing and reinstalling indexes without damaging the dial and index posts.

Removing old finishes

The guy who took over the business from my old refinisher had to train with him for about 4 months and most dealers I knew didn't give him expensive on highly known brand names for more than a year to be sure

DON

1 - 6 of 6 Posts