WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

I like the reviews of ABC-watches within this forum very much. Based on it, I bought a Suunto X6M, which I am very satisfied with. Only thing I am missing is the auto alti lock eg.g. the Highgear Altis is providing, but the titanium version I would prefer due to weight reasons in europe is practically not available. Therefore, I'm thinking about an Highgear Alterra, which has similar features in a lightweight plastic housing, but has less display options.

What I now do not find out using the manual of the Alterra is what Screen 4 in detail is showing. Manual description is:

SCREEN 4 (ONLY ACTIVE WHEN LOG BOOK IS ACTIVE)
Top Line: RATE OF ASCENT OR DESCENT IN FT OR METERS PER MINUTE ACCORDING TO ACTIVITY [This is clear]
Center Line: CURRENT ALTITUDE/TOTAL FT/M DESCENDED/TOTAL FT/M ASCENDED [Which one is shown?]
Bottom Line: TEMP/DESCENT/ASCENT [What does this mean?]

Considering the Center line and Bottom line:
a) Are they scrolling and show each data for some time?
b) Or is possible to switch by pressing a button and show for some seconds
c) Or is it (what would be the only acceptable solution for my requirements) possible to switch an get the data permently on the screen?

What I'm looking for is a screen showing current ASC-rate, current altitude, and total ascend (for the current LOG).
Any experience, screen/display photo or comment would be appreciated!

Thank you ...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts