WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new guy here. I'm wondering if anyone has any actual experience with the HighGear Alti-XT negative. If so I'd really like some feed back on performance and durability. I've searched the threads here and I didn't see anyone mention any "first-hand" info about this watch but if it has been posted and I missed it I apologize, please post the link to the thread. I've got a Tech4O and I love it but I need something more reliable, it's failed on me twice now. The first time it got moisture inside just from being in the shower and now this time it just completely stop working for no known reason. I really like the Suunto Core all black but if I can get good performance and reliability from the HighGear I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks. I'm open to other Ideas too so if anyone has a suggestion on an ABC that I didn't mention I'd love to hear it (not very interested in casio, just don't like the looks).

Thanks!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Have you looked at the Casio ProTrek series also?

Will you be using the watch for climbing/hiking/backpacking or just every day use?

Sent from Russia.... with love.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I've looked at the protrek's. They seem to be great watches but I just don't like the way they look, I prefer the whole screen display like the suunto, highgear, tech4O..etc. For now I'll be using the watch for backpacking/hiking and everyday use. I plan on getting in to some climbing in the next few years. Also I'm a long range shooter and all ABC functions are handy when calculating shots.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I used to own this guy, sold it a few months ago. Owned it for maybe 8 years and never had any problems, though I didn't wear it very much. All of its functions worked great for a few backpacking trips I took it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sorry for the late response, I didn't see your reply until just now.

The box said Terra Tech Altimeter 30003. The directions/manual listed Summit/Altitech... I'm not totally sure. Here are more pictures from when I sold it, hope that helps.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts