WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Anyone know how long the Altis will typically last before needing a new battery? Also, can you shower or swim with it on? I think I saw some small sensor holes, so I'm a bit worried about damaging it.

I'm thinking about getting one, but I don't want to have to worry too much about the battery suddenly dying, or water (or soap) killing it.

Also I read that it doesn't have a countdown timer. Is there some other function that can roughly substitute? Finally, are there any issues with the strap wearing out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can't speak to how long the battery lasts as I haven't had to change mine yet but I've only had it for 7 months.

Water resistance is rated at 5 atm/50 meters. It does have sensor holes for the pressure sensor but that's sealed from the rest of the watch. I've showered and swam with mine and it's been no problem.

Not having a countdown timer is a little annoying but it does have 2 alarms that you can use instead (although the alarm is not that loud).

No issues with the strap wearing out so far. I think it's the most comfortable rubber/resin strap I've tried.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No problems swimming with mine either.

The temp sensor works under water too. So it is easy to know how cold the water is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To answer my original question, the manual says the battery should last about a year, or less with excessive use. Somewhat disappointing, but I guess that's the price you pay for having all those sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts