WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was inside Whole Foods today and I spotted a young man wearing skinny jeans, a vintage T-shirt, horn-rimmed glasses, and some serious wrist bling. I edged toward him to get a better look and to my surprise...it was a Sea-Dweller! I would have complimented him but I was in a rush. Out of curiosity, how many of you have Rolex sightings that catch you by surprise?

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I stopped by the lighting supply store today to look at fixtures for my new house, and the young lady who helped me was wearing a man's two tone GMT. I was wearing my midsize, but I told her I had a man's DateJust I sometimes wore that had belonged to my dad. She confided her GMT had been her dad's also, and like with my DateJust came to her at his death.

She really rocked that watch. It looked absolutely stunning on her.

Jeannie

·
Registered
961 Posts
Out here in the Western USA, going into a Whole Foods Store, you would expect to find half the shoppers in jeans, t-shirts, and Rolex watches... ;)

............. Probably at Trader Joe's too..........

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That Hipster Bingo image is funny>>>

I have to say, thanks for posting. I'm a work and you made an otherwise boring day funny.

best,

Frank:-!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Re: That Hipster Bingo image is funny>>>

When I see the usual dandy guy with collar shirt,cachemere sweater,italian shoes and a Submariner that's the saddest sight ever. On the opposite it's always a pleasure to see a cool classic Sub or SD on a fleece dressed outdoor nerd ( I'm an outdoor nerd...:-d).

·
Registered
700 Posts

When I see the usual dandy guy with collar shirt,cachemere sweater,italian shoes and a Submariner that's the saddest sight ever. On the opposite it's always a pleasure to see a cool classic Sub or SD on a fleece dressed outdoor nerd ( I'm an outdoor nerd...:-d).
Well, that was funny! But in Italy you're gonna see a lot of italian shoes :-d

·
Banned
1,219 Posts

im an outdor nerd to and a motorbike nerd, its great....!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well, that was funny! But in Italy you're gonna see a lot of italian shoes :-d
Surprisingly enough, you see a lot of Rolexes in Italy as well! It seems to be a craze with the high-fashion crowd.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out here in the Western USA, going into a Whole Foods Store, you would expect to find half the shoppers in jeans, t-shirts, and Rolex watches... ;)

............. Probably at Trader Joe's too..........
Where I live, hipsters typically avoid Rolex like the plague. Way too "mainstream" (plus there's the price). Most Rollies I see are worn by middle-aged, middle-management types.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I was inside Whole Foods today and I spotted a young man wearing skinny jeans, a vintage T-shirt, horn-rimmed glasses, and some serious wrist bling. I edged toward him to get a better look and to my surprise...it was a Sea-Dweller! I would have complimented him but I was in a rush. Out of curiosity, how many of you have Rolex sightings that catch you by surprise?
There are a lot of Rolex inside of Whole Foods. Now spotting one in a Piggly Wiggly would definitely catch my attention more... Specially if they broke out the coupons...

Gotta say, I'm aware of my watch, but don't find myself looking too much at what others are wearing...:think:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well I ride a fixed-gear bicycle (with brakes of course), which for some satisfies the definition of "hipster."

And I wear a Rolex.

And Whole Foods is great. Not so much TJ's.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The way prices are going at Whole Foods, pretty soon the only people shopping there will be the ones who can also afford a Rolex. Hipsters indeed.

I was a hipster once . . . in 1973 . . . for 20 minutes or something. Or maybe I was just stoned. I can't remember.

Interviewed a group of Pikeys near Birmingham, England two years ago. Five guys all wearing what appeared to be two-tone Subs, but it was impossible to tell the fakes from the real one(s).

1 - 20 of 60 Posts