WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping around, and I heard about Hirsch straps. I have seen a lot of positive reviews about it, but it is quite expensive. I wanted to check if they are worth the money? Are they overhyped, and are there any negatives about the strap? I am currently interested in Hirsch performance strap and Duke alligator strap. Thanks and have a nice day.

These are the straps that I'm currently interested in.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Hirsch makes good straps. You may be able to find them from other sellers for less, but $40 for a good leather strap is reasonable.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the things I'm worried about is the wear and tear of leather on top of the performance strap. How does it last?

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's something that would depend on how you use it. Everyday wearer / casual wearer. What your daily routine is busy hard manual labour or easy going office job.
Things like that have to be taken into consideration. Either way they are excellent straps in terms of quality but it's all down to how you treat it.

Sweat is obviously the biggest factor but you can always use a leather care kit to treat it every now & again.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
One of the things I'm worried about is the wear and tear of leather on top of the performance strap. How does it last?
Hirsh Performance are my preferred straps. They're durable and comfortable. I've worn them for several years in all environments with no issues. The leather will scratch, but I haven't experienced it lifting from the leather.

The only thing I'd worry about is making sure there is enough clearance for the strap when fitted. It shouldn't be an issue with most watches, but the edge of the leather did scrape against the caseback on my Sinn 556 and Damasko DS30 (both known for having relatively short lugs). The outer/shiny layer of the leather scuffed, but the leather is still intact and no rubber is showing. I've read others have had success with curved springbars when used with such watches.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have spent more money on straps over the years than I even want to think about. I have bought straps from bigger companies in both Europe and the US, but have also bought them from smaller shops promoted via youtube or forums, handmade things from sites like Etsy and even original straps directly from a brand. Overall, when it comes to quality and durability I think Hirsch makes some of the best straps period. They are not bespoke, the most exciting in style or made from the best materials available. But overall they are some of the best made straps I have been able to find at their price.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They make good quality straps. OEM straps that launch into $300 or $400 territory are a joke. Get an OEM buckle, or use the one you have, and match up a quality third party strap, such as Hirsch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got a Hirsch Toronto for my Seiko SRPD05J1.

Plain black, very soft, no padding so it's nice and thin and good quality for around £20. Can't get much better than that.
Can't really judge the durability yet as I don't wear the watch often and a deployment claps makes the strap last longer but it well constructed enough to make me believe it will last.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
If you're after a leather/rubber hybrid strap like the Tiger I would not hesitate, they're probably the best value in the relatively niche market. For basic leather straps Rios1931 is also worth checking out.

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
I have two Hirsch straps one is the ARNE Sailcloth Effect Performance watch strap and the other an embossed leather strap. Both are well worth the extra money. Plus, the Hirsch straps now come with quick-release spring bars, which, for me, make it a breeze to change straps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two Hirsch straps and they definitely feel worth the money spent and the little boxes they come in is a nice touch too. I'd say you can't go wrong for the money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts