WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my spouse and I are coming up on 10 years next year and have decided that watches might make a nice commemerative gift.

Does anyone have any advice on watches that are moderately simmilar to one another (they need not be identical).

Criteria:
Classic/Timeless as this is a commemerative thing, I'd like to look back on them in 30 years and not feel like they are too dated.

There should be a smaller version for her say >36 and >42 for me They need a less than or equal to sign on my keyboard...lol)

These are sort of a wedding ring replacement as it were (because we're not getting married) and so should be able to be worn casually as well as on special occasions. I'm guessing we'd like to err on the side of dress rather than casual...

Hers should not be overly feminine in the way that ladies watches often are. No diamonds, no gold, no pink... none of that stuff for me either, well, maybe the pink is ok for me. :-d I bought her a Seiko blue spark that she loves the look of, so that might give you a clue as to her tastes.

Our budget is reasonably high...say 6-7k for both all in, but obviously I'm not interested in spending money just for the sake of spending money.

I'm also a little bit of a fan of less common names in watches. it's not super important, but it'd be nice if the watch wasn't necessarily as high profile with the general public as say a Rolex or an Omega. That said, this
is not a major consideration.

One final criteria is that they must be available. Esoteric watches of which 5 were made, while cool, will probably not be able to be found in time for our aniversary next June :-d.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, nice sugegstions so far...thanks Mike and WB!

The watches don't have to be identical (much like wedding rings don't have to be identical) but I think from the same maker would be good. I know the thread title makes it sound like I'm looking for a towel set...lol.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Mine

OMEGA Speedmaster Replica Chronograph
Ref. 3894.50.37
Caliber: Omega 1861 manual-winding
Case Size: 38.8mm

Hers

OMEGA Speedmaster Reduced Chronograph
Ref.3510.50.00
Caliber: Omega 3220 Self-winding chronograph movement
Case Size : 35.50 mm

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
When faced with the same situation I got my wife and I chose matching electric blue seamasters. Mine is the full size and hers is the midsized. We love ours.

·
Registered
585 Posts
So my spouse and I are coming up on 10 years next year and have decided that watches might make a nice commemerative gift.

Does anyone have any advice on watches that are moderately simmilar to one another (they need not be identical).

Criteria:
Classic/Timeless as this is a commemerative thing, I'd like to look back on them in 30 years and not feel like they are too dated.

There should be a smaller version for her say >36 and >42 for me They need a less than or equal to sign on my keyboard...lol)

These are sort of a wedding ring replacement as it were (because we're not getting married) and so should be able to be worn casually as well as on special occasions. I'm guessing we'd like to err on the side of dress rather than casual...

Hers should not be overly feminine in the way that ladies watches often are. No diamonds, no gold, no pink... none of that stuff for me either, well, maybe the pink is ok for me. :-d I bought her a Seiko blue spark that she loves the look of, so that might give you a clue as to her tastes.

Our budget is reasonably high...say 6-7k for both all in, but obviously I'm not interested in spending money just for the sake of spending money.

I'm also a little bit of a fan of less common names in watches. it's not super important, but it'd be nice if the watch wasn't necessarily as high profile with the general public as say a Rolex or an Omega. That said, this
is not a major consideration.

One final criteria is that they must be available. Esoteric watches of which 5 were made, while cool, will probably not be able to be found in time for our aniversary next June :-d.
Here is my pair... be-lated wedding gift to my wife ( and myself )... no $$ when we got married many years ago... did not even get her a diamond ring :) [ she is not into diamonds anyway ] :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
those are some great ideas folks..

She's told me that the Rolex is out, she doens't like them, but she is a fan of he aquaterra...so that's an option. I'm going to see if i can push for a reverso...:-!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was looking at those the other day...she said that they'd both have to say co-pilot. Lol. In my perfect world, there would be a simmilar pairing for the Portuguese.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about a big pilot and little pilot...:)
ok...i just checked the prices. :-d maybe when my ship comes in...but right now, 44k is a bit above my price ceiling. lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts