WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my GW-M5600. For me it really is one of the best real-world G-Shocks. Tough, well featured, can fit under a sleeve without too much bulk, classic good looks and the lovely atomic/solar combo.

The only feature I wasn't so keen on was the strap - it felt a little old fashioned and frankly weedy looking on my wrist.
I sussed this out recently after seeing some of the DW5600MS photos on the forum. These seem to have a chunkier strap and it turns out - slightly softer and easier on the wrist.

Thankfully the strap also fits on other 5600 models including the GW-M5600:

So, perfect for me.

My wife always disagreed with me on the looks though. She thought it looked old-fashioned and nerdy (well, duh..) and never liked it generally.

That changed when I decided I wanted to try a summery-looking G without spending big bucks. I was able to order a GLX-56001 bezel and band from tiktox that fitted the GW-M5600 perfectly.
Very cool looking surfer-inspired G but with atomic/solar.

Once Mrs Joker saw it though, it went missing. She decided that it suited her better and she really needed atomic time for work :-d This despite her having really small wrists.
Have to admit though - it does kind of suit her as big watches do with some women.

So, the only sensible solution - buy another G!

Now she wont admit it but I have heard a couple of her girl friends compliment her on it (she is considered a bit of a trendsetter apparently) We could have the start of something b-)

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Excellent :-!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Yet another female spouse has been successfully assimilated into the G-Shock collective.

Resistance is (shockingly) futile. b-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts