WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wearing my SUB1000T last week while at the NURC/NOAA Aquarius habitat when one of the staff divers showed me his -- an original US Divers 1960s model handed down to him by his father, who was an aquanaut who wore it as a team member in the Helgoland habitat. Wow -- talk about being outclassed. It was in great shape, though obviously a watch that had seen use, but he had no idea he was wearing a collector's item

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Wow, that must have been a pretty cool surprise. Did you notice if it was a rare Helium Release valve Conquistador model?

Pete
I agree Pete, that must have been an awesome surprise. Especially since he was where he was. When we were going through customs on Grand Cayman a few weeks ago, we spotted a guy wearing a 750T Pro. It's cool and surreal seeing them in the wild, but can't imagine how cool it would be to spot a vintage that was still being dove.

Karl, were you able to get some pics of it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Pete, that must have been an awesome surprise. Especially since he was where he was. When we were going through customs on Grand Cayman a few weeks ago, we spotted a guy wearing a 750T Pro. It's cool and surreal seeing them in the wild, but can't imagine how cool it would be to spot a vintage that was still being dove.

Karl, were you able to get some pics of it?
Yes, it was a helium release valve model. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to grab any images of it -- but it was in very good condition. Obviously worn, but not uglified.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.