WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Reader!

I made an account on this forum specifically to see if anyone has an HMT Airavata that they would be willing to sell to me. It would be greatly appreciated if they did.

I am not really a collector of watches more so a student of history. I enjoy things that have a story. HMT is a company with an interesting, if not somewhat tragic one. Many years ago my father brought home from India a few HMT watches and explained their significance to me. At that time I didn't pay too much notice but the more I read, the more I grew to appreciate them and they really are the only watch brand that I collect. As a student, really the only mechanical watch brand I can collect right now. I was quite sad when I heard of their closing, and when I finally had a chance to go to India myself, I had to spend days finding one of the last HMT vendors in Delhi's Chandni Chowk. Suffice it to say, HMT watches are special to me.

So, again, If anyone has an Airavata that they'd be willing to sell me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would ask that you please not greatly over-inflate the price because I am demonstrating want; I am still a student. I've seen the last couple that have sold and those asking prices seem reasonable. My favourite is the green dial but really any would be fine.

I am in Canada, but I guess it really doesn't matter if it's going to be mailed to me.

Thank you for reading. I hope you have a good day.
[HR][/HR]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts