WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry for starting a new thread,:-s but I did not know where to put these.If required please shift to appropriate thread.:roll:(though hope you don't)
The all digit one's case looks a bit different, cant say why, but it does look pretty.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Re: HMT Hindi Hindi Hindi Janata

VERY Cool! If these were a little bigger, I'd be on one like a duck on a Junebug. (~36mm?)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

I would love one but they're as rare as rocking horse poo! I missed one on ebay about three weeks ago and haven't seen another since. I like the one with the horizontal lines. So different.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts

Perfect justification for a new thread, if you ask me! Totally, utterly cool. I love the one with horizontal lines. I can't read Hindi, but who cares? :-d

·
Registered
881 Posts

Perfect justification for a new thread, if you ask me! Totally, utterly cool. I love the one with horizontal lines. I can't read Hindi, but who cares? :-d
I really have trouble buying a Russian watch that's not cyrillic (OK, Seconda is an exception). Chinese should be in Chinese.

Real question, "How come most Japanese watches seem to be in English?".

And, yeah, I really like these Hindi numerals.

·
Registered
221 Posts

I want one! HMT is one of my favorite manufacturers.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts

These are beautiful and unique!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts

Those are beautiful, bravo!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
They are great. I have them both. The one without the lines, I bought not long ago from an ebay seller. Said it was pre-owned, but looked brand new to me. I am - maybe - going to get an all index Janata as well.

Reactions: sudip and the one

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are great. I have them both. The one without the lines, I bought not long ago from an ebay seller. Said it was pre-owned, but looked brand new to me. I am - maybe - going to get an all index Janata as well.
Do post a pic when you can. The devnagari Janata has a special charm to it.

Not a Janata or labelled HMT but.......................
Yes the Airawat , does have the similar devnagari font , and HMT heart .Lovely watch

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
These ones for the ladies
Hmt Archana
Automatic 6601
One name five different case dial variants till now

IMG_20160530_140910_20160603115705533(1)aa.jpg

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmt Janata Devnagari

27 Feb Birthday of eminent Marathi Poet V.V.Shirwadkar (Kusumagraj) ,is celebrated as the Marathi Language Day in the Indian state of Maharashtra and Goa.
Best wishes to all with a Janata which has close ties to Pune too.

IMG_20170227_095121wus.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts