WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an HMT Sweekar automatic that I bought on eBay. The watch features a fourth hand, which points to the days of the week around the face of the watch.

I cannot figure out how to set that day function. There appear to be only two active positions for setting the watch with the crown, one to adjust the hour/minute hands, and one to set the date indicator.

HMT International does not appear to provide any owners' manuals on their website, so I am stumped.

Can anyone tell me how to set the day indicator?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,020 Posts
You might have to keep turning the hour and minute hand clockwise until the day changes. It should change after 2 turns around, or every 24 hours. Inconvenient yes, but it should work.
cottontop

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
That is indeed how it is done. I have one too, and it does have only two setting modes: one for time and one for the date. No quickset for the day.

Mine is one of my most accurate watches, enjoy :-!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. Got it!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
We would of course love to see pics!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The Sweekar you have may be broken. It uses a movement that HMT made for some time, which is a day date movement. The day and date could be set independently from the crown, but this is the first time I have ever seen one with a hand instead of the day appearing in a window.It's a charming idea, and the design, for HMT, which has kept making the same tired designs of 1960s Japanese origin over and over again with little regard to changing taste in India, a real breath of fresh air.

A very nice watch indeed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts