WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Let's face it, guys: their designs appeal to a handful of vintage watch fans but no longer to the Ice-Watch accustomed public. Many don't wear watches anymore as they can read the time from their mobile devices.

'Missing the bus' in today's consumer economy means 'going down'. Sad, but true.

Best
Tomcat

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The following two paragraphs tell you all you need to know...

" 'The watch ceased to be a functional item after a while. It became a cosmetic item. The government did not sense consumer change and it got stuck in a kind of time warp,' said Bijoor.

Viswanath said that like with many state-owned firms, there was too little emphasis on innovation. That is why the watchmaker could not stand the test of time."

This had nothing to do with quality and everything to do with not understanding the modern marketplace.

A textbook example of why governments should not be running businesses, and vice-versa.
gatorcpa

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Let's face it, guys: their designs appeal to a handful of vintage watch fans but no longer to the Ice-Watch accustomed public. Many don't wear watches anymore as they can read the time from their mobile devices.

'Missing the bus' in today's consumer economy means 'going down'. Sad, but true.

Best
Tomcat
Honestly my opinion is that HMT failing as much more to do with terrible QC and lack of marketing then anything else.

I had one of the HMT White Pilot LEs that were done for F71 and on mine the spring bars were crooked. Lots of other people have reported problems with HMTs.

That being said it seems the 40mm project on F71 maybe one of the last watches they make and I am on the list to buy one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts