WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thoughts? I honestly couldn't care less about Mr. John Mayer, and don't understand people's obsession when it comes to him and his watches...

He’s your favorite watch collectors, favorite watch collector. If you’ve watched both episodes with him on Hodinkee, you can see he knows so so much and is a true enthusiast. In a day in age where most celebs that like watches have brand associations, he is a free agent which means he really loves watches. I can’t wait to see this watch and will be buying it more than likely.
View attachment 15580828

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Concurred. I like hearing him geek out about watches.

And it’s cool to see that he’s involved with a humble G, relatively speaking, since that collection of his is a lot of top-dollar stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
John Mayer writing on Hodinkee, 2012, "I love Patek Philippe perpetual calendars only marginally more than I dig the Casio Frogman G-Shock – but for different reasons - and if you’re wearing either, chances are I’ll sidle over to you and start a conversation about it."

I don't think of him as a G-Shock guy, but I guess he does appreciate one.

I'm betting on green dial, rainbow bezel, gold G-Shock with an alarm that plays "Your Body is a Wonderland."

·
Registered
388 Posts
Reactions: Guarionex

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no doubt he is a "true watch collector", and yes I agree it is nice to see a celebrity with knowledge and one that knows what he likes and doesn't necessarily follow the herd. I guess what I meant to say was - many people consider him to be very apt at explaining what many WIS think but aren't able to express in words... I can't say I agree... I haven't heard him say anything profound. I guess I'm digging too deep here. But irregardless, it should be interesting to see what the G-shock will be.

·
Registered
704 Posts
To those of you who ask John who? (there's no shame in asking by the way), his guitar playing is something a bit special:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dude has an impressive collection. I'd have a glass of bourbon with him to talk watches. Don't know much about his music.

Reactions: jmorski and ck2k01

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
One of the best guitarist and song writer of our generation. As quoted by Eric Clapton “he is a master”. Also the most misunderstood artist of our generation.
Oh I don't know about that part haha. Purely subjective of course. But if we're placing votes, mine is for Mr. Jason Isbell. This should take you right to Never Gonna Change, a less heavy more fun rock and roll tune with some impressive guitar playing (57:44 if the link doesn't work) ::

I think that's a Rolex Date Just on his wrist in this set...you know, to stay on the topic of watches.

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Wrong John collab.
No money for you Casio!
John Wick, John the apostle, John Silver even Elton John are far better choices.
I would even be interested to see M. Thatcher G-shock collab for sake of it.
Iron G-Shock!

Sometimes i feel like Casio has suggestion box for collabs outside their office and once a month some employee fishes out 3 random letters out of it.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I don't think most of the Hodinkee viewers know or care much about John Mayer's music, but the guy is obviously an enthusiast and doesn't come off as a d-bag talking about his collection. There's a reason why their two videos with him are some of their most popular.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts