WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
It's a nice looking G but not worth the price premium to me, especially since I don't care about the John Mayer and/or Hodinkee association.

·
Premium Member
7,871 Posts
I like it a lot. I’ve been looking on Amazon cuz I think I’m going to get a 6900 throw down. Just a plain one, nothing special.
C31D9540-0DDD-4B8D-870C-7A1A150D6934.jpeg

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
I like it a lot. I’ve been looking on Amazon cuz I think I’m going to get a 6900 throw down. Just a plain one, nothing special.
View attachment 15631765
The DW-6900LU-8 is a nice, subdued looking DW-6900, with a very clear and readable display. The Casio Outlet has them for under $60 currently. Hopefully they can actually be delivered, unlike some of the other recent outlet store buys. They've been on the outlet website for quite a while.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The DW-6900LU-8 is a nice, subdued looking DW-6900, with a very clear and readable display.
I’d love to see a side-by-side of these two. I have the LU8 and it is very nice, but it looks like the Mayerdinkee is a lighter grey with a nice overall colour scheme.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nice. When did colorway become a word?
Colorway has been used in the sneaker world for as long as I can remember. It’s widely used for just about everything else now as well but my first time hearing it was in regards to sneakers when I was a teenager.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Colorway has been used in the sneaker world for as long as I can remember. It’s widely used for just about everything else now as well but my first time hearing it was in regards to sneakers when I was a teenager.
I didn't realize there was a "sneaker world" and I am not even a Boomer! Thanks. Everyone speaking like someone from a marketing department is sort of disappointing to me.

Reactions: Guarionex

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Y
I felt that way about entire Gshock brand until i just started buying them ( then really enjoying them) and collecting them. In the end they are all just watches... Im still enjoying my cash grab Mayer 6900 though, for now
You have one? What's your thought on it? Personally, i love the 6900 range off watches...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Y

You have one? What's your thought on it? Personally, i love the 6900 range off watches...
Yeah I have one. To me the colors they chose for it really make the watch standout in a good way..( even though it's the same watch you can grab for 50 bucks on Amazon just with a few different touches.) I've only worn it a couple times since getting it.

Sent from my PVG100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
W
Yeah I have one. To me the colors they chose for it really make the watch standout in a good way..( even though it's the same watch you can grab for 50 bucks on Amazon just with a few different touches.) I've only worn it a couple times since getting it.

Sent from my PVG100 using Tapatalk
Wow, I take my words back that Mayer 6900 is stunning! I guess I never really looked at it in a good photo but I love that colorway. So what did you pay for yours if I may ask?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
W

Wow, I take my words back that Mayer 6900 is stunning! I guess I never really looked at it in a good photo but I love that colorway. So what did you pay for yours if I may ask?

I paid the Msrp for it, seen them sell for much more immediately after launch, but i'll hold on to mine since not many have it..

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I paid the Msrp for it, seen them sell for much more immediately after launch, but i'll hold on to mine since not many have it..

I just checked out the prices! WOW...

·
Registered
436 Posts
You know what will be rarest? One that is actually worn. If anyone actually wears theirs and/or is interested in selling it to me at very close to MSRP, hit me up.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
I didn't realize there was a "sneaker world" and I am not even a Boomer! Thanks. Everyone speaking like someone from a marketing department is sort of disappointing to me.
as opposed to saying "colour scheme" like youve watched a couple home reno shows and now think youre an interior designer? wheres the pantone paint swatches? 😜

201 - 220 of 223 Posts