WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The picture suggests it's another 39mm, Heuer 02 powered, vintage inspired chronograph. Which I'm in two minds about - I thought last year's 160 years limited editions were fantastic (and even bought the silver 2447S inspired model) so great if Tag are continuing down that road. But from memory the Hodinkee Skipperera was only 100 or so pieces and impossible to get. So I hope it's not something I really really want (like a 2447SN reissue) that immediately becomes unobtainable!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m very curious. I really liked the Skipper a lot and can’t believe what they are fetching for now. Does anyone know what time HODINKEE usually starts the sale of these?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I’m very curious. I really liked the Skipper a lot and can’t believe what they are fetching for now. Does anyone know what time HODINKEE usually starts the sale of these?
If memory serves, it's something like 11am EST and it goes REALLY fast. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
8AM EST.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have two of the recent Carreras (41mm) and a skeletonised Heuer 02, just not a fan of their vintage re-issues (or indeed vintage styles from other brands). Hoping they make the new Porsche Carrera in a smaller size.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My bet is a reissue of the Heuer Carrera on the cover of Hodinkee Magazine Volume 6. I am actually very interested in this watch (if it is as predicted). Especially if it is the right size, no faux-tina and a manual wind movement. We will see though.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bet is a reissue of the Heuer Carrera on the cover of Hodinkee Magazine Volume 6. I am actually very interested in this watch (if it is as predicted). Especially if it is the right size, no faux-tina and a manual wind movement. We will see though.

View attachment 15726327
What if I told you there's already an "reissue" of that watch?

I'm thinking reissue of the the Heuer Carrera Dato

·
Registered
5,503 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I knew of the Fragment design version, but theres a few differences. For instance, no applied markers on the Fragment watch. I can see room for a different re-issue, but time will tell!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
My bet is a reissue of the Heuer Carrera on the cover of Hodinkee Magazine Volume 6.
Difference is that from the teaser video the new Hodinkee watch has a black chapter ring. I've not seen any vintage models with that configuration.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first thought was another Skipperera as well. The Hodinkee Skippers hammered for some pretty amazing prices at the Phillips Retrospective auction last year. But then they led the video teaser with an image of the Skipper, so maybe that is too obvious or derivative? Guess we'll find out in a few hours now.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

·
Registered
5,503 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What if I told you there's already an "reissue" of that watch?

I'm thinking reissue of the the Heuer Carrera Dato
Here you go- it's the Dato:

View attachment 15727793
I was right on the Money! Thank you for posting that article before the release!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts