WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nowadays, a holiday will not be complete without some G Shock hunting :D.

I shall not name the country but in general it is really buyers beware at the shops. Plenty of fakes (not just watches either), some were really hard to differentiate.

Prices are not listed but negotiated, so some knowledge of market prices goes a long way. Seems like the shops' staff are mainly paid by commissions, going by the opening asking prices, :D

Those potential pitfalls aside, I'm pleased to report I'd found a couple of pieces on my list.

G-9200MS Riseman
Got this at a nice price, though the buying experience was spoilt by the less than honorable store person. That aside, after I brought it, I just couldn't wait and put on the piece immediately :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346666375.238903.jpg

G-011D
Hidden in a corner of another store was this wonderful piece gathering dust. The store couldn't even find the manual and packaging so I got a further discount from the nice sales girl. The metal band is way too long, so I will need to get that sorted later.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346663521.870926.jpg

One piece that I had to steel myself and walk away from was a GW-200Z Final Frogman. The salesperson tried to pull a ridiculous stunt when I was about to pay. Oh well.

Most importantly however, the holiday and the resort we stayed in were wonderful :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend too!

---

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I bet you saw my Casio Pathfinder thread saying I got a early Christmas gift as an excuse. lol. $30 for a watch that is 100m water resistance and has a vibrating alarm is too good of a deal not to get. Even if I never replace the battery when it dies because it could lose it's water resistance if you aren't careful replacing the battery. That is about 3 to 5 years of good use out of a $30 watch. I've read that some people have gotten 12 years on one battery. Who knows, but it is something cool to think about though.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'm liking the Riseman a lot too.

Chrisek, here's a photo of the G-011D:

G-011D-7B-1.jpg

I took some time to play around with the functions, interesting that the hands are set separately from the digital time. Maybe to allow dual time zones. Very solid chunk of metal, heavy for its size.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed it is awesome when lit up, Nightshift! I think the textured dial creates shadows and adds depth. It's a piece I will enjoy much.

---

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yours must be with the Roman character indices, Chrisek? That one look super classy I must say and the green dial is pure elegance. Nice!

Yea these are getting really hard to find nowadays. I was surprised to see one at the shop, but thats the fun of the 'hunt' I suppose :)

---

1 - 12 of 12 Posts