WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is not what the price will be like if if comes to the US retailers!

I see that there is one on the SuperChrono site for $650! I realize it is the Japan version with the special box maybe?

I crossing my fingers that Ill be able to see one at a Macy's soon.

Has anybody seen one elsewhere? Im liking it a lot but geeze!!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
not sure why is it so expensive with superchrono but they do have lots of frogs, very nice frogs. with that kind of price, u can buy 2 GG frogs when it arrived in your local Macys.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Superchrono is a bit weird that way, some of their watches is priced just right and afew is even baragins but then we have others that is prices way to high and that inlcudes this one. It might one day be worth that much when it becomes a collectors item and rare on the market, but right now the Japanese market is flooding with them and I can see currently over 160 of them sold on Yahoo Japan

The retail price is 28350 JPY which is $269 USD and that is a price commonly found on Yahoo. Here is the cheapest one I saw:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w25272258

currently at 25.500 JPY which is $242.50USD

To buy it though you need to use a commissioner Service like FromJapan and that combined with shipping costs drives the price up a bit. I calculated roughly what I would cost if I bought it trough FromJapan and had it shipped to me in Sweden and I came up with the final sum of about 30775 JPY (untill June 22 they currently have a campaign with a flat commissioners fee of only 500JPY otherwise it would have cost even more) anyway 30775 JPY is $292USD shipped and ready...

I presume the cost would be similar to the US!

Incase you do not want to go the adventurous route trough FromJapan there is one japanese seller on e-bay selling it for $349USD or $364USD including shipping to the US:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-25th-G-SHO...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is another one for $365USD shipped to the US:

http://cgi.ebay.com/25th-G-SHOCK-FR...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to check eBay.
Oh man! I am so tempted...

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Superchrono is a bit weird that way, some of their watches is priced just right and afew is even baragins but then we have others that is prices way to high and that inlcudes this one. It might one day be worth that much when it becomes a collectors item and rare on the market, but right now the Japanese market is flooding with them and I can see currently over 160 of them sold on Yahoo Japan

The retail price is 28350 JPY which is $269 USD and that is a price commonly found on Yahoo. Here is the cheapest one I saw:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w25272258

currently at 25.500 JPY which is $242.50USD

To buy it though you need to use a commissioner Service like FromJapan and that combined with shipping costs drives the price up a bit. I calculated roughly what I would cost if I bought it trough FromJapan and had it shipped to me in Sweden and I came up with the final sum of about 30775 JPY (untill June 22 they currently have a campaign with a flat commissioners fee of only 500JPY otherwise it would have cost even more) anyway 30775 JPY is $292USD shipped and ready...

I presume the cost would be similar to the US!

Incase you do not want to go the adventurous route trough FromJapan there is one japanese seller on e-bay selling it for $349USD or $364USD including shipping to the US:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-25th-G-SHO...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is another one for $365USD shipped to the US:

http://cgi.ebay.com/25th-G-SHOCK-FR...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
what is the chance that these will end up at amazon like the db frog.:roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I went to Macys this weekend and didnt see any Frogmen 2th edition or GG versions. Man that GG would look nice in a Cherry Red bezel and strap, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Superchrono has great prices on Citizen but the frogman prices are outrageous! I guess they know how hard they are to find and what people will pay.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Superchrono has great prices on Citizen but the frogman prices are outrageous! I guess they know how hard they are to find and what people will pay.
It's actually anything that has a wiff of LE about it...

...they'll charge through the arse for it. <|

My personal favourites are the 'list' price for a DB Frog being $600 and the G9100TC being MIJ with tough solar...

...all I can do is lol. :-d :-x

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
It's actually anything that has a wiff of LE about it...

...they'll charge through the arse for it. <|

My personal favourites are the 'list' price for a DB Frog being $600 and the G9100TC being MIJ with tough solar...

...all I can do is lol. :-d :-x

Wow 600 for a DB Frog. :-d :-d

any news on us release of the G G Frogs.b-)

·
Registered
336 Posts
any news on us release of the G G Frogs.b-)
We're all wondering that. Any day now, could be tomorrow, could be next week. I've been trying to remember to check MyCasio.com every day and I usually check eBay as well. I'm sure you'll see a post when they show up somewhere, especially for less than MSRP.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
I just paid my GW-225E. It was not expensive (lets say around retail price), including shipment to the Netherlands. I guess the customs will add a little pepper to the price. I hope they be gentle on me a little, because I am pretty broke now (with also a DW-5025SP incoming) and June had just begun.....

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Look what you guys made me do, I hope you're happy.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I just paid my GW-225E. It was not expensive (lets say around retail price), including shipment to the Netherlands. I guess the customs will add a little pepper to the price. I hope they be gentle on me a little, because I am pretty broke now (with also a DW-5025SP incoming) and June had just begun.....

Cheers,

Sjors
sjors, when will u get it? i hope the real pics looks better than the ones on the web.:-!

wow, i just went to Japan Yahoo Auction and theres a bunch of GG frog. wow !!!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
sjors, when will u get it? i hope the real pics looks better than the ones on the web.:-!

wow, i just went to Japan Yahoo Auction and theres a bunch of GG frog. wow !!!

mud / frog man mansrow :-d :-d can you post the link to the auctiion :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts