WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi in a bit of a dilemma and needing advise.

I am looking to buy a Rolex homage watch as I like the design of the Rolex buy cant afford a Rolex.

First of all I am looking at an Alpha.

The Orient I will not consider unless I can get the name chandged on the face (bad memories - don't ask !!??!?)

Basically I have narrowed it down to three watches

Tauchmeister T0006 Black Bezel Auto 20Atm : German diving watch, 600 metres water resistant, Submariner style, Diving & Sports watch, Diving watch, U-Watch, Automatic diving watch,Tauchmeister 1937 watches,Tauchmeister 1937 automatic diving watches,German Diving

Seiko

Accurist Mens Two tone Bracelet watch MB822B MB822
looking for an all silver model

Basically I want a solid watch that will feel solid on the wrist and look good.

I hear there are issues with the Tauchmeister. Is that true as I kind of had my heart set on that one.

The Seiko is by far hte best of the three but I don't really like the huge dots they use for numbers on the face.

The Accurist is the cheapest of all - don't know about QC.

Someone please tell me about the Tauchmeister as I don't know much about the quality and build of these watches are from what I have read on forums. The posts are a few years old now.

I used to own a VOOW dive watch homage of a Rolex. I found it absolutely rubbish. It felt so cheap on the wrist. The metal felt hollow and cheap. The bezel was quite loose. So if you are a lover of VOOW please don't compare the Tauchmeister to a VOOW

My budget is also around 150 pound mark.

thanks

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
This might be an odd suggestion...

But since you've mentioned Accurist which is a British "value" brand, you might want to take a look at the Timex Submariner styled watches.

Timex Dress Sport

Alpha also makes some nice budget friendly homages. I own a Milsub [see pic in my signature] and can't really fault the watch for the price.

Randy

P.S I put the value in quotations simply because I've never really heard negative things about Accurist, so the term value may only apply to price, the quality seems good for what you pay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply,

I don't like the timex design too much.

I suspect the Alpha is the same as a VOOW just branded different. In that case I would not like an Alpha also plus the name Alpha does not do it for me.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
thanks for the reply,

I don't like the timex design too much.

I suspect the Alpha is the same as a VOOW just branded different. In that case I would not like an Alpha also plus the name Alpha does not do it for me.
No worries! Just tossing ideas out there as they came to me.

I'm thinking of going sterile with the Alpha dial, myself... that's the only knock I have against it cosmetically. This version was only through Alpha USA and arrived with a throw-away NATO strap.

Randy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another option would be to buy a watch like an alpha or orient and then get the brand name removed and give it a custom brand name.

is that possible - are there any members that can do that?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
What about a Bulova Marine Star? They can be found for about $150 USD-
It's not a full on homage, but it shares quite a few styling cues from the submariner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info. I was thinking more on the lines of a full homage as I love the design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts