WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't Honda partner with Casio to release a limited G-shock to commemorate their success on the Formula-1 circuit?

I vaguely remember seeing such a thing, but that was almost 10 years ago. It could have been CART... I can't remember.

·
Registered
236 Posts
yup, honda partner seiko for its F1 ltd edition release.
imo, ugly as hell. strictly for the honda F1 fans...;-)
it cost about S$1k, no less...<|

·
Registered
441 Posts
yup, honda partner seiko for its F1 ltd edition release.
imo, ugly as hell. strictly for the honda F1 fans...;-)
it cost about S$1k, no less...<|
Yup that's true, I agree about the honda watch.

But Mitsubishi Ralliart and Toyota Land Cruiser have partnered with Casio, and the results of both are :-!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I haven't seen the Mitsubishi one...what's it look like?
I found out about it on Sijors G people land website, in the special series page under Ralliart.

Unable to link the exact page, sorry bluegum u have to visit the site for a look see, http://www.g-peopleland.com/

Sijors, I hope u don't mind me linking the page for bluegum

It is not out right as flashy and immediately identifiable as the TLC, but once u notice the ralliart is just as outstanding and unique once u can make out the details. Awsome!

·
Registered
545 Posts
This is the Sieko one, pretty sure the flyer/backdrop had Jenson Button on it, when it was in the shops, next to the Casio's so the confusion would be easy to understand.

I agree it has a 'look' of some of the ana-digital Casio's which even if it was cheaper would stop me buying one as all the chronographs I own are either on a leather strap or stainless steel.

They do a stainless steel version but still looks too plasticky for me, metal for chrono's plastic for G's

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
There was a pic of a DW-5000 that had a F-1 dial posted on one of the Japanese G sites some time ago. Thought I had saved it but can't find it....I'll have to go a huntin' on the internet...

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i am 99% sure i have seen a 'Mugen' G-Shock (Mugen being the tuning arm of Honda) if thats what you mean? also there's a Skyline R32 edition G.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
these are the only images i can find, was quite surprised to find it is a Mudman model! would have thought DW-6900..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sure hope the watch is based on Honda's past F1 successes because they sure aren't having any now.

Maybe Ross Brawn can (start to) help next year...

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I wish I knew where to find one of those. That'd make a great gift for a buddy of mine.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
That is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want a pristine $200 version. A $50-60 dollar used version is sweeet.

Oh well :-/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts