WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, I missed the 1 year anniversary, but I'm still in love!

I'm sporting it on a navy blue strap that watchcrank and NightOwl turned me on to. The blue is hard to capture in photos but is obvious in person. I think I got it here though:

What really freaks me out is the watch's accuracy. We know from this comparison - Comparison: Sea-Gull ST2130, ETA 2824-2, Peacock SL3000 | Watch Guy - that it wasn't assembled in a class 100 cleanroom and there's bits of people, metal shavings, an opossum, and the odd squirrel or two in there but, after running it 8 days (worn 7 of the 8), it's at +49 seconds! Just 6 seconds a day!
For a very inexpensive mechanical, I am impressed! It must be from all the good luck charms in there. :-d

So... Who still has it! :)

·
Premium Member
38,904 Posts
I'm going to have it as soon as it clears customs

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Accuracy of these watches is indeed pretty amazing; ours do also run 5-6 sec/day fast. #60 and #63 are still in the collection and are here to stay; #60 has lost its standard strap in the past year:

120509_WUS_Chinese_SE_5m.jpg 120804_WUS_Moonphase_12m.jpg

RonB

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,204 Posts
Wore mine earlier this week and still enjoying it.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now for this May's delivery!! ;-)
An optimist! I like it! :-!

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I think July or August may be the best we can hope for, unfortunately.

That and a reasonably lumed bezel. Is that too much to ask for in life! :-d

·
Premium Member
38,904 Posts
Someone flipped one?!

The horror... The horror... :p
I've been waiting a while for the opportunity to present itself.

Whilst I have high hopes for some of the current forum project watches, I doubt they will be as well executed and such a cohesive, classic design. Well done to all involved

·
Registered
289 Posts
I really, really like this watch. Time to do some reading on this project watch to learn more info and see if it is still available for purchase. :D

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I really, really like this watch. Time to do some reading on this project watch to learn more info and see if it is still available for purchase. :D
The project concluded long ago, but some of the watches change hands from time to time. I missed the project originally, starting to read WUS just as the last deliveries were made, but I knew I had to have one. I watched the sale ads for months before I found mine.

·
Premium Member
38,904 Posts
I missed out originally, but enough people had to listen to me moaning about not having this watch that eventually one of them caved in and offered to sell me his.

I'd recommend posting in the WTB forum and see if you get any bites

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course, #2 is still with me :)
And looking good! :-!

Funny... I thought you had yours retrofitted with Breguet hands. It must have been some else, but I can't remember who. Sucks getting old... :-(

But if they still have it, hopefully they'll post a pic! :)

·
6,158 Posts
And looking good! :-!

Funny... I thought you had yours retrofitted with Breguet hands. It must have been some else, but I can't remember who. Sucks getting old... :-(

But if they still have it, hopefully they'll post a pic! :)
Actually I still have the Breguet hands, but never got round to replacing them. I wanted to do it myself, but the case is a frontloader, and I don't have the press to put the crystal back :-(
So I have to go to a watchmaker and have it done someday soon

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Hmmm, is there anyone in the EU that is still longing for this watch? I've noticed that #21 has been sitting unworn in my watchbox for months now and I didn't wear it that much to begin with; I find it a bit too massive for my puny wrists. It doesn't deserve being stuffed away like that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts