WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back in the UK from nearly 2 months in Asia, the highlight of which was a week in Hong Kong, where I managed to pick up
a few goodies. Before the piccies a huge thank you to Tom & Chin aka Deepsea_Dweller & Sengyoku for the expert local knowledge...

Group Shot...

frog10.jpg

GWF-T1030E Number 320/333 Checking in.

frog3.jpg

Never expected to get one of these, but thats Hong Kong just walked into the shop and there it was, I even managed to haggle on the price, they wouldnt budge at
first, but I mentioned my friend had just been here, listed the items Sengyoku picked up, the shop assistant remembered him and hey presto, special discount for
you !!

frog2.jpg

Number 320/333 engraved on the caseback.

frog4.jpg

Picked up the Bape/Stussy, been admiring this one for a while.

frog7.jpg

And finally another one thats been on my bucket list for some time, the Rose Gold GWF-1000B and this one had the trunk with it too

frog8.jpg

Hong Kong is amazing for G-Shocks, lost count of the number of limited editions I spotted for sale, a return trip in the not too distant future
is definitely called for....

Thanks for looking.

Rich.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you mind telling us how much you bought the Lightning Yellow Titanium frog? I happened to be in Japan when the time Casio launched the Lightning Yellow 30th Anniversary Series (mid November), I went to almost all Casio and Yodobashi stores in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka and I even visited Casio Service Center, they don't have this model for me :( I went back to Singapore with the GF-8230E Yellow Frog instead but still felt disappointed for not having the chance to buy the GWF-T1030E-9 :( I got an offer from someone locally who was selling it at 3,000 SGD (2,400 USD) but I feel that it was priced too high for my budget :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Ho Ho Ho! Christmas certainly came early for you Rich! Congratulations!

Tom had been harbouring your little secret purchase(s) from everyone... not even a whisper to me! I had an incling about what you got: I guessed you might have snagged that Bape x Stussy Frog because I was certainly tempted and also right around the time you got there was when the LYs should have hit town...so I guessed you might have picked up something bright yellow too! (I just left a just a week before they were due to hit the store :/)

BUT OMG! 3 Heavy hitting Frogs in one fell swoop! I was not expecting that! Well done, it's better than I could have ever done with my missus haha! I mean that haul is so good it would have to have been my birthday, Christmas and anniversary presents rolled into one, with tomorrow being the end of the world lol!

Well, I'm glad you got yourself a good deal after I had set up the groundwork haha! But the guys in HK are good 'uns, but the way you said it unfolded reminds me of a something mob movie "hey, fogedaboudit, he's a friend of mine" lol
If anything that's definitely called being at the right place at the right time, I'll be visiting again for sure next time :)

I told the "friend of ours" Tom he needs to go collect his 'tribute' from the shop, since he gave us the great tips in the first place hehe :)

Again, I'd have to testify that HK is G-Shock heaven... since you've been there as well now Rich, do you think you've ever seen as many Gs per square mile anywhere else in the world? Did you manage to visit Javy's btw :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many thanks for all the kind words, I could have easily brought more back with me, but after the GWF-T1030E purchase, the other half said what about me, so I had to do some damage
limitation, and as luck would have it, there was a branch of Chow Tai Fook ( massive HK jewellry store ) right next door, 15 minutes later she was happily sporting some new bling !!!!

There is so much choice, loads of Frogmen, saw Masterminds, Rising Red Ti Frog, loads of 25th Anniv, ICERC editions etc, the list goes on.....

If your planning a visit, you will have a blast, really looking forward to a return trip.

Rich.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Tom had been harbouring your little secret purchase(s) from everyone... not even a whisper to me! I had an incling about what you got: I guessed you might have snagged that Bape x Stussy Frog because I was certainly tempted and also right around the time you got there was when the LYs should have hit town...so I guessed you might have picked up something bright yellow too! (I just left a just a week before they were due to hit the store :/)

BUT OMG! 3 Heavy hitting Frogs in one fell swoop! I was not expecting that! Well done, it's better than I could have ever done with my missus haha! I mean that haul is so good it would have to have been my birthday, Christmas and anniversary presents rolled into one, with tomorrow being the end of the world lol!

Well, I'm glad you got yourself a good deal after I had set up the groundwork haha! But the guys in HK are good 'uns, but the way you said it unfolded reminds me of a something mob movie "hey, fogedaboudit, he's a friend of mine" lol
If anything that's definitely called being at the right place at the right time, I'll be visiting again for sure next time :)

I told the "friend of ours" Tom he needs to go collect his 'tribute' from the shop, since he gave us the great tips in the first place hehe :)

Again, I'd have to testify that HK is G-Shock heaven... since you've been there as well now Rich, do you think you've ever seen as many Gs per square mile anywhere else in the world? Did you manage to visit Javy's btw :)
Agreed never seen so many G's and ive done a fair bit of travelling. Didnt manage to visit Javys, we spent most of our time in Kowloon, in fact only visited the Island once to go for some Dim Sum one afternoon, although I believe the
G-Factory on Moby road is run by them as well, they had some nice items on display.
It was quite funny in the Trendyzone store, the assistant you told me about wasnt working, so I just asked if he was on Holiday and that was enough to start the banter, they knocked about £30 off the price, which was great, but I would
have bought it anyway !!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you mind telling us how much you bought the Lightning Yellow Titanium frog? I happened to be in Japan when the time Casio launched the Lightning Yellow 30th Anniversary Series (mid November), I went to almost all Casio and Yodobashi stores in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka and I even visited Casio Service Center, they don't have this model for me :( I went back to Singapore with the GF-8230E Yellow Frog instead but still felt disappointed for not having the chance to buy the GWF-T1030E-9 :( I got an offer from someone locally who was selling it at 3,000 SGD (2,400 USD) but I feel that it was priced too high for my budget :)
Got it for just under £1475, the retail is £1500 here in the UK, thats if you can find one.

·
Registered
28,468 Posts

Far to kind Chin. But really appreciate your kind words. Next time will be a blast and G Shock shopping 24/7 ;-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts