WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A new Hongqi add to my ST5’s family :) (*Not a Seagull ST5, It is a Liaoning SL-2, so it is a new family member!!!), a rare red logo 紅旗 , original signed crown, square red tip second and interesting design on the markers.

Attachments

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,171 Posts
Re: Hongqi ST5

Beautiful watch and a quite rare red logo :-!, but the movement is a lightly circular striped Liaoning SL-2 like this in my Liaoning Shizhi "test run" piece :) And it's a very good movement.

shizhi_movement.jpg

And I hope to have a red logo Hongqi one day...it's a truly fine catch!

Easier to compare to an ST5 when they're close to each other...

1_sea_don_movement2.jpg

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ron for the correction and I should change the title than (not a ST5) ;)

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,171 Posts
Thanks Ron for the correction and I should change the title than (not a ST5) ;)
Well, I remember the first time I saw an SL-2, so I completely understand b-)

The thing is that your Hongqi is a really significant piece in any VCM collection, even in China, and as far as the SL-2 goes, the WIKI Liaoning entry notes: "the SL-2 movement built on imported Swiss tooling", and "These earlier HongQi watches enjoyed an excellent reputation and continue to be sought after by collectors." :-!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I like the uncommon red logo, the indices and the 3 flags caseback. If I could find an SL-2 Hongqi half as nice, I'd be very happy. A great addition to the collection! :-!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I was lucky browising Taobao two months ago and found this treasure (I throught it was an ST5)! It took some time to get it on my hands but it worths for the wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts