WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in the affordable watches area. Recently I purchased an Invicta watch from ShopNBC [and after reading some of the past posts regarding those two subjects I know some of you just rolled your eyes, or slapped your forehead calling me an idiot :-!] Basically it's a Skeletonized mechanical watch from their Vintage Collection [about 44 mm], with an Asian movement and an alligator strap [see pic below...from their website], I find the watch extremely pretty...and am still waiting on delivery and I hope I'm not disappointed with it. I've been looking for a decent, affordable Skeleton for some time now. this is my first Invicta purchase.

It took me about 3 days to actually pull the trigger on it...As I stated I spent some time reading past posts...and it's almost literally split down the middle...you either love Invicta, or hate them...but all seem to agree that their customer service is horrible haha! I decided to pick it up because from what I've read ShopNBC seems to be open to returns...so if something is wrong with it I'll just send it back. The only reviews I could find for this specific watch seemed to be on the positive side.

I was curious if anyone has [or temporarily had] the watch...and your general thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance!

[please note* I am not trying to promote any companies or products here..just looking for some opinions...Thx!]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I've packed a watch up and returned it to SNBC with no hassles Craig so I'm sure you'll be fine if you don't care for it on the wrist.
It looks really nice and be sure to let us know your thoughts on receipt!
(With pics of course!)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks really nice and be sure to let us know your thoughts on receipt!
(With pics of course!)
Well that's a given of course

·
Registered
679 Posts
I presently own only one Invicta, an 8926A Pro Diver and I'm quite happy with it. I had one before and traded it off, but I missed the watch and bought another. It keeps excellent time and I've had no problems with it. Some folks have had bad experiences with Invicta's CS dept (not ShopNBC), and there are even a few that seem to hate anything associated with the brand, but I like mine and wear it proudly. Besides, there are many people here that own quite a number of Invictas and seem to be very happy with them. The important thing is that you buy the watch that YOU like, regardless of the brand.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The important thing is that you buy the watch that YOU like.
Thanks Viper.

I certainly agree with the above sentiment 110%, thats how I always buy.

My concerns lie in some of the manufacturing defects I have seen people noting on a few of the posts. Understand nothing would make me happier than to have my Invicta come out of the box in perfect condition, as beautifully as it looks in pics and video. It's a piece I have been eyeing for a few months now...and the price was right [$200.00] so I figured I would pull the trigger. My brother has some Invicta product and he raves about the cost/value ratio all of the time.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My concerns lie in some of the manufacturing defects I have seen people noting on a few of the posts. .
Indeed, I can understand your concern. In the past, I've come across a few "bad apples" from other brands (Timex, Swiss Army, Bulova), two I returned to the retailer and one was sent to the watch company for replacement. I didn't condemn the brands just because a few lemons slipped by, I just got replacements that worked and in the end I was satisfied. It's frustrating when you buy something that's defective and have to go through the trouble of sending it back, but what makes the matter worse is having to deal with customer service reps that don't seem to care and I think that's the real issue. Look at it this way: Invicta sells tons of watches each year. If they were all that bad, nobody would be buying them.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Truth is that in this day and age no one makes a quality problem free product and no one really make a crapy one as well.

I just think that Invicta owners are more vocal than owners of other brands that's all.

But as someone stated earlier important thing is that you like it and ultimately that's all it counts. :-!

Congrats on your purchase and wear it in good health mate! :-!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Truth is that in this day and age no one makes a quality problem free product and no one really make a crapy one as well.

I just think that Invicta owners are more vocal than owners of other brands that's all.

But as someone stated earlier important thing is that you like it and ultimately that's all it counts. :-!

Congrats on your purchase and wear it in good health mate! :-!
Thanks Duke..I've decided to just chalk up my concerns as WUS induced paranoia...for now. I'll be sure to give an update and post pics when I actually receive the watch.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
I figure it is because they have such a high profile on television, and many of their designs are "homages". From what I have read QC isn't what it should be, but I imagine if you get a good one out of the box you'll be ok. If not, just send it back to ShopNBC. I haven't had any trouble with my 8926 or my skeleton, and my Scooby just came today. It is a MASSIVE watch and I love it. Fit and finish are just fine and it is running well, which is what I would expect from a 2824 Swiss movement. I have not had to deal with Invicta customer service and for that I am glad! But, I didn't have a lot of luck with Seiko's COSERV either, they were horrible. Thankfully that was only one watch.

Congrats on your new skeleton! :-!

Cheers,
Griff

·
5,111 Posts
At least you are going into the deal with your eyes open. I hope you get a problem free one.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At least you are going into the deal with your eyes open. I hope you get a problem free one.
Well the reason my eyes are wide open is because I spent the better part of 3 days reviewing past posts on the subject here. >insert shameless plug here<. :-!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hoping to Avoid "Invictimization" - UPDATE!

Hello All,

Just wanted to put a quick post that I received the watch from ShopNBC today......and it's beautiful :-!. I scrutinized every part of it in the brightest light I could [i understand that ShopNBC sometimes sends out returns witout checking them]...and its in perfect condition. The fit and finish are really quite nice...plus its a super loud ticker...which I like

The coin egde bezel [front & back], onion crown, and alligator strap both appear to be above average in quality.

I've been looking for a skeleton for some time now, and I am [so far] very happy with this purchase.

My only complaints are the amount of time it took to ship [about 3-4 weeks] and that the Invicta box smells of something kinda awful [maybe the glue they use?] Other than that I seem to have ended up on the positive end of the deal.

Thanks for the support and chat

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Re: Hoping to Avoid "Invictimization" - UPDATE!

Glad to hear it Craig!
Pics?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Hoping to Avoid "Invictimization" - UPDATE!

LOL!! I've read plenty of posts that have claimed Invicta watches are crap, but this is first time I've heard that the watch boxes they use smell like crap...

Sorry, for some reason that just struck me as very funny!
Haha! Thats quite alright!! I pinned down the smell...gasoline!! Once I figured it out i knew why I was getting headaches. I just bought a wood display box on ebay [really cheaply] for the watch...some of the gas smell got into the strap. there is no way its going back in that box...the smell is starting to leave the strap

On the other hand...the watch is working perfectly!! I'll post pics as soon as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts