WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Classic :) i do hope they sought permission to use such an image from the manufacturer, doubt they would take kindly to the mis-representation!

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Great catch, trav.

But for $3.99 every Wednesday and Sunday, that's almost eight bucks a week! I know they say automatics are more expensive to maintain, but Jeez!

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's too funny!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
That's why I don't purchase much of anything in NYC. Now Boston...well...you just don't find shenanigans like this in Boston. ;-)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Well leaving aside the obvious boo boo thats not a bad deal, some of the places charge insane amounts for simple battery changes.
The sign just says "batteries" not battery changes. There could be a case opening charge, a battery removal charge, an EPA mandated battery safe disposal charge, a battery insertion charge and a case closing charge. However the battery only costs $3.99! Oh and in small print is does say "select models only." :-d

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Two thoughts:

A- That's a good looking IWC.

2- $3.99 for a battery? Good price. Wonder how much installation is.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for posting! I got a good laugh out of it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And notice that whereas the main background is yellow, the negative space between the lugs is white (as is the background space in the bottom-right corner). Probably some underpaid, overworked graphic designer was given this half-finished digital file late on a Friday and told, "...And put a watch in it. The client needs it tonight!"

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
And notice that whereas the main background is yellow, the negative space between the lugs is white (as is the background space in the bottom-right corner). Probably some underpaid, overworked graphic designer was given this half-finished digital file late on a Friday and told, "...And put a watch in it. The client needs it tonight!"
Graphic designer is wishful thinking...this was probably the owner's 14 year old nephew with some pirated software.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
One for Jay Leno's 'headlines'.
The GP (General Public) would never understand! Though, Jay would, have you ever looked at the watches he wears?? And you thought it was just cars he was into.

Graphic designer is wishful thinking...this was probably the owner's 14 year old nephew with some pirated software.
Too funny! :-!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice!!! Like " I Like em BIG" said above, the general public would not even comprehend something is wrong here, lol. Great catch!

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
I just noticed that the fine print says, "Select models only". Maybe that is only for the quartz and electric jobs....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts