WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to visit Switzerland in a couple of weeks so I'm putting together my itinerary and I'd love to include visits to some horology museums and/or manufacturers. I'll be staying in Zurich and will be travelling by train most days, although I'll have access to a car for a day since my friend will be free and he has one.

The IWC museum in Schaffhausen looks interesting, I was also thinking of going to Geneva and visiting the Patek Philippe Museum.

The main thing is that I want to make the most of the trips, so I'd like to go to cities that also have other things to see, besides the horology museums. I also enjoy being outdoors and would love to experience some of that in Switzerland, so any recommendations in that regard would be useful too.

Any suggestions? I'm also open to non horology suggestions too! I like watches in general, but my favorite brands are Tudor, Oris, Zenith and JLC.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Not in Switzerland, but not far from the Swiss border: Furtwangen. There, from 26 to 28 August, the antique watch market takes place – if it fits in time certainly worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Visit the Museum in La Chaux de Fonds which is much more than a single brand museum.

Furniture Stemware Drinkware Barware Flooring

The new Omega-Museum is also an attraction:

Wood Architecture Interior design Flooring Hardwood

This one is located in Biel/Bienne.

Enoy your trip!

Jörg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts