WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was initially pissed about 'going to pass along your info to the dealer network' and post about it. I spoke to an AD friend of mine after work who said to let it go. So I was going to let it be as I didn't want to affect someone's livelihood but then they posted lies about the order of events. I had to set the record straight.

Like I said I can accept a bad deal but not deliberate misrepresentation. In the future why not just make your ereturn policy - 'All sales finals! No returns!' - as that's what it really is.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I will be passing for sure, a dealer should offer returns, if the watch is returned in the same condition.

FWIW, I just completed a deal with Phillywatchguy, the watch was lost in the mail for a week! He was in touch with me everyday, and offered plenty of solutions. We filed a claim and what do you know, it shows up. But that's how you do business. Sometimes things are out of everyone's control, but a proper dealer understands that and works to rectify the situation!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I’d be hesitant to purchase from Delray because of their return policy. However if I were to purchase from them I would be going into the transaction fully understanding that any issues with the functionality of the watch would need to be covered under the warranty. Now if they were unable to repair the watch or repairs were done subpar, that would be a different issue. I’ve heard stories of brand new watches having issues out of the box. Receiving a vintage JLC with an issue, while disappointing, wouldn’t surprise me. The expectation of you having to pay for shipping for repairs is concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,975 Posts
Yes, such laws exist in most places... however the individual has to:
make a claim,
process a police report (or report to proper authorities),
wait for cops/authorities to do nothing (not worth their time to pursue consumer cases in most cases),
hire their own lawyer or file a court claim themselves in small claims court,
(if the defendant is not a resident of the same state, you are probably SOL for small claims)
wait more time for case o receive a court date,
prove the case

Unless you wan't to prove a point, it is not worth the time
It's much simpler for small claims in Australia.

A case can usually be raised quickly and easily via an online form, or over the phone. (At no cost and no requirement for legal representation.).

Usually just a mention of raising a case with the relevant Consumer Affairs dept is enough to prompt a rapid alignment with the law.

Our ACCC also takes a dim view of this sort of behaviour and has the power to issue penalties and initiate prosecution proceedings for repeat offenders over and above individual claims.

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I could have just filed a PayPal claim or did a chargeback on my credit card but really wanted to give them a chance to do the right thing. It bothered me that Fed kept saying their return policy is clearly stated. No, it's not that clear. Why say 'However, . . .' In your return policy at all if there are no exceptions?

I also like how the claimed they had bought the Santos for me. I gave them a list of 4 watches and he said he'd see what he could do and get back to me with the numbers. Why would they buy one when I don't even know the price and haven't agreed to any of it?

I would have bought the Santos from them too if he had gotten me a nice discount on it. But he flew off the handle when I sent him a link to the thread asking about the return policy. Let's see if the Santos ever turns up on their site since they are 'stuck with it'.

I really did not expect them to lie. And the kicker is I like their YouTube channels. I was excited to buy from Fed! So for them to say they are being targeted because of their channels is hilarious.

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Yea they always seemed sorta shady in my dealings with them. This proves that. Thanks for the thread

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Wow, that’s unreal!!! How do you expect to run a successful business with such shady return policy? Glad you got a refund, I’d never deal with them. Seen their YouTube videos and agree with one of the posters, getting a total used car salesman vibe.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I see delraywatch is a WUS member who sells in the Sales Corner. A phrase he uses in his sales posts, "I am truly here to help" should read "I am truly here to help myself."

·
Premium Member
4,864 Posts
Reporting me to the dealer network is the equivalent and would have the same effect of telling my mother on me !!!
and the offer of buying it back for $850 less is almost a Nigerian Scam !! Could make a fortune doing that

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.