WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with a praise for my G-7700 though. One of the very underappreciated features it has is the hourly chime that can be configured to be active only during specified hours. The first chime I hear is at 8:00, the last is 9:00PM, I set it two years ago and never thought of it again. What a great idea!
I've checked out dozens of module manuals for interesting watches and none had it. I've also had some other G's, none of them had such a feature.
These days I'm looking for a Riseman, before they are completely gone, hehe, and it, of course, does NOT have the configurable chime.
Does anybody know why this solution is so underutilized? Are there other G's that have it, besides the 77xx? Do the new watches have it? Rangermans? Mudmans?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Does anybody know why this solution is so underutilized? Are there other G's that have it, besides the 77xx? Do the new watches have it? Rangermans? Mudmans?
It's a great idea -- the only reasons I can think of why that feature is not on more models are:

• Casio might not have gotten much feedback on the 7700s or think the feature would be as popular as it would seem to be,
  • that feature might be more complicated and thus expensive to build into the module itself, or
  • Casio might not want to make their watches any more complicated than they already are.

How many threads do we see here about "how do I...?" when the answer is "read the manual?" Based on that (unscientific) sample, how many calls or e-mails does Casio Customer Service get asking similar questions?

I think it's a great feature, but I know that it's NOT on the DW-5600, DW-6600, GW-2310, GW-6900, GW-5600J, GW-9000 Mudman or the (old) MTG-900, and I don't see many people mention that feature on this forum.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is such an obvious solution for me now, I mean, why would I want to switch the chime on in the morning and off in the evening if I want to hear it during the day and not be interrupted at night? Set and forget with the 7700!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am not a hundred percent sure about this, but I believe the G-7800 may have that feature togethere with some other features from the 7700/7710 module. I wish every G-Shock could have that too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think that feature is MUCH preferable to the practically useless "temperature gauge" on mine.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Do list some!
- adjustable contrast of display (7 levels)
- 2 different fonts to choose from (upper and lover lines of display)
- 8 set times on timer (1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes) plus one custom time
- two lines of text (up to 14 characters) that can be displayed in upper line (like PIOWA in my avatar)
- 3 modes of timer operation (one time, repeat and third one activating stopwatch after the set time)

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/deat...-officially-discontinued-europe-534847-5.html

Cheers, Piowa

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
About the Rangeman. I wonder if the chime is still beeping when it sleeps in Power Saving mode ?
Anyway, I don't hear it in the night and my wife either... (But we wakes up in the morning with the Rangeman Alarm.)
If yes, no need for scheduled muting. :)
Cheers !

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
The multiple alarms feature could be used to replace the predefined hourly chime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts