WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there...

how many of you guys have the hourly timesignal switched on?
do you keep it the whole night switched on? (because my girlfriend complains about it):think:

has anybody a sondfile of the hourly timesignal (i asked that a month or so earlier but no response)

cheers

tommy

·
Registered
107 Posts
My wife had the time signal on her watch for a long time - and it chimed all night. Then I set it on about 6 of my G-Shocks and left them on my night stand. Since they weren't all atomic, and not too well synced there was about a 10 second chime chorus on the hour.

On the 2nd night she turned hers off, and I did the same. :-d

It's the small things that keep your marriage together ;-)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey there...

how many of you guys have the hourly timesignal switched on?
do you keep it the whole night switched on? (because my girlfriend complains about it):think:

has anybody a sondfile of the hourly timesignal (i asked that a month or so earlier but no response)

cheers

tommy
On my 7700 and 7800, I have set them to beep every hour between 7-22, so they wouldn't beep in the middle of the night. But I have only the beep on, on the watch that I´m wearing for the moment. But when I´m wearing my 5600's or the DBC-310. I don't have it on. I think its to annoying to turn it on and off every day/night when I don't wear them. Much better with the auto-time set on 7700 and 7800.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have mine set to on all the time. But this may be down to the fact this new G is my first digital watch for ages and it's novelty value :-d Although I do like the way the chime 'reminds me of time passing' if that makes sense.

It goes off all night, but I only ever hear it if it's before I fall asleep, it never wakes me. As we all know Casio alarm's aren't the loudest!

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I have mine set to on all the time. But this may be down to the fact this new G is my first digital watch for ages and it's novelty value :-d Although I do like the way the chime 'reminds me of time passing' if that makes sense.

It goes off all night, but I only ever hear it if it's before I fall asleep, it never wakes me. As we all know Casio alarm's aren't the loudest!
I typically turn the chime on when I put a watch on in the morning -- I too like the reminder of time passing (and how little I sometimes seem to be getting done!) I intend to turn the chime off at night, but sometimes I forget. Invariably, somewhere from a box in a drawer or one under the bed, one or more chimes will go off around the hour -- and I will have literally no idea which of dozens of watches it might be. My wife is often NOT amused.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I like the signal, helps me stop wasting time sometimes as it reminds you, another hour gone! Plus just keeps you on track with your time orientation.

On my G-7800-1ER you can set automatically at what times/hours during the day (and daily, weekday or weekend) you want the hourly signal to sound.

I start them at 7 and end at 22 - the waking/working hours. Automatically, they don't sound during the night which saves battery and stops me waking up :). Awesome feature and something I was always wanting and great suprise to see the watch actually had it! |> |> |>

It ain't a looker (I like it a lot personally and the features are great!)

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2332392#post2332392

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
My wife had the time signal on her watch for a long time - and it chimed all night. Then I set it on about 6 of my G-Shocks and left them on my night stand. Since they weren't all atomic, and not too well synced there was about a 10 second chime chorus on the hour.

On the 2nd night she turned hers off, and I did the same. :-d

It's the small things that keep your marriage together ;-)
LOL. I don't know who you are, but as a man married to a lovely woman, I completely identify with you as though we were best friends. :-s

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have all mine off. If you like just get a 7700/7710 they let you set the hours you want the chime to sound.

·
Registered
539 Posts
IVE GOT ALL MY G,s ON HOURLY TIME SIGNAL.....AND THEY ALL GO OFF WITHIN ABOUT 10 SECS OF EACHOTHER.IT DRIVES THE OTHER HALF CRAZY.I EVEN KEEP MY VINTAGE SEIKO BELL-MATIC ALARM SET

BUT NOW MOST OF THEM ARE OFF,ECCEPT WHEN I WEAR THEM.

IVE JUST BOUGHT A G-7900...SO ITS GOOD TO BE BACK ON THIS FORUM ONCE AGAIN

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts