WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my bb58 for about a year and I like it, but it didn’t blow me away as I expected and I found myself enjoying others much more.

however I’ve just switched the strap to a vanguard rubber and it’s completely changed my view of the watch. I love it!

Bit of a random post but I just told me wife and she didn’t seem that interested…

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I’ve had my bb58 for about a year and I like it, but it didn’t blow me away as I expected and I found myself enjoying others much more.

however I’ve just switched the strap to a vanguard rubber and it’s completely changed my view of the watch. I love it!

Bit of a random post but I just told me wife and she didn’t seem that interested…

View attachment 16261532
Empathize with you on the wife… I’ve made her sit through more than her fair share of watch discussions.

You’re right - the strap changes everything.

My most recent example is my Breitling Premier Chrono - it’s a beautiful watch, but too formal for my “dress casual” office environment, so I had a custom strap made by RedRockStraps and it’s a new watch completely.

Now I can wear it with my jeans and a Lacoste shirt and it just grooves right along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I can relate to the wife bit :LOL:
Where did you get that Vanguard strap? I’ve been looking for a rubber strap for my Longines Conquest.

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Empathize with you on the wife… I’ve made her sit through more than her fair share of watch discussions.

You’re right - the strap changes everything.

My most recent example is my Breitling Premier Chrono - it’s a beautiful watch, but too formal for my “dress casual” office environment, so I had a custom strap made by RedRockStraps and it’s a new watch completely.

Now I can wear it with my jeans and a Lacoste shirt and it just grooves right along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! I don’t have a chrono yet, can’t settle on one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can relate to the wife bit :LOL:
Where did you get that Vanguard strap? I’ve been looking for a rubber strap for my Longines Conquest.

Cheers
Mike
I got it from their website. I think they only do Tudor and rolex. Love longines have a hydro and a spirit. My spirit is probably my favourite watch.

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Rectangle

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
If it wasn't for straps I'd never wear my MoonWatch, "Old" Navitimer or Cosmonaute. Plus love having options...

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

Body jewelry Font Material property Jewellery Silver

·
Premium Member
10,383 Posts
Very nice! Changing straps is part of the fun.

Recently swapped the OEM rubber on my PAM out for Vintager Straps' Mauser Ammo and it's completely transformed the look of the watch. @Rodentman, my wrist smells like dirt all the time now! 😅
Watch Analog watch Clock Gadget Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
42,441 Posts
IMHO, a lot of these strap changes add some serious character to all the watches posted here.

Good job everyone.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts

View attachment 16261532
Yes, indeed.

I got my BB58 on the NATO, which I really love, but your post reminded me that I need to order an Aaron Combat Strap for it.

I'm doing a maroon or ox-blood toad to pull out the pip color, and I'll have him add a few vintage stitches to pull the gilt.

Reactions: CFC1905

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am a fan of how simple and minimal the dials on dressy watches are, but overall they don't match my casual style well. Love dressing them down with nato straps... makes all the difference!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

View attachment 16261532
I agree. However on divers I don’t know what it is. I immediately go back to the bracelet. I have a Tudor gmt though and those fake rivets annoy me every time I look at them. That’s one I need to start trying some options on

·
Registered
618 Posts
I agree. However on divers I don’t know what it is. I immediately go back to the bracelet. I have a Tudor gmt though and those fake rivets annoy me every time I look at them. That’s one I need to start trying some options on
I went with an Everest blue rubber strap on my Tudor GMT; I waited almost a year (believe it or not) after ordering the SS bracelet before cancelling. Yes, it’s so bad I couldn’t even get the SS bracelet. My GMT came on the cloth strap. I’m staying with this!

Watch Analog watch Arm Gesture Clock

·
Registered
474 Posts

View attachment 16261532
I absolutely agree : most watch cases are at least somewhat water resistant nowadays. But, provided the case is of reasonable proportions, what determines how you can actually use the capabilities of your case is the strap or bracelet type.

• Classic leather (specially with crocodile like or glossy finishes) : formal feel.
  • Rubber or nylon : sporty feel, and fit for actual water immersion capabilities.
  • Metal: an intermediate between those two.
For my part, this year I went from this :

to this :

Insta-boost of the usable water/shock resistance (since I can expose the strap to water without fearing from it discoloring, and grazing it doesn't leaves marks either), and an immediately sportier and more adventurous feel (NATOs originated from armed forces after all). Not to mention it kinda extends the bezel's color outside of the dial. Much more suited for a field watch, IMO. 😃

1 - 20 of 52 Posts