WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious, I guess.

I have seen sale threads of PO 8500 owners looking to sell in order to purchase a Sub-C.

I was wondering if anyone here has sold a Sub-C in order to move on to the PO.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I sold my 8500 to buy a sub (not c) and sold it within a few months to buy the PO2500.
The sub just didnt sing to me...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Had a couple of subs - not a current one though (do not like the aesthetics of the maxi-case) - and sold them on. Wearing my PO 2500C right now, and very much love the watch. I really can't see myself getting another Rolex - the watches are very good but many aspects of the brand diminish the experience (for me - my wife loves hers!)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
...but many aspects of the brand diminish the experience (for me - my wife loves hers!)
And your wife loving hers must be one of those diminishing aspects, eh? ;-)

I didn't actually sell a Submariner to get a Planet Ocean; however, when I consolidated my collection about a year and half ago, it was a tough decision between the two. There are some times when I do look fondly towards Submariners, I may end up with one in a year or two - but then I think that may mean not going for a Master Compressor diver.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have never owned a Sub or a PO, but yesterday I was at a Tourneau and had a very nice conversation with one of the salesman and the topic of PO vs Subs came up. In his words you can "buy a more expensive watch, but you can't buy a better built watch than an Omega." I was surprised, seeing as how Torneau sells Rolex and not Omega.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I have never owned a Sub or a PO, but yesterday I was at a Tourneau and had a very nice conversation with one of the salesman and the topic of PO vs Subs came up. In his words you can "buy a more expensive watch, but you can't buy a better built watch than an Omega." I was surprised, seeing as how Torneau sells Rolex and not Omega.
But again he is a salesman, I am sure he will say the reverse if you are hinting you are leaning more toward the sub-c. No hurt, he is just doing his job.

Had a 16610 long time ago, I am looking to buy a ND ceramic or the good ole' 16600SD

I am not a huge fan of the PO, liked it but not in love enough to buy it over the 2 SMP I have now, but once I can find a mint condition 16600 I think I'll sell the SMP.

Not much of a functional upgrade but an emotional upgrade for me, if that make sense

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
And your wife loving hers must be one of those diminishing aspects, eh? ;-)
More the opposite - she kept telling me how much she liked the ones I've had, and I generally try to make her happy! I just couldn't shake the embarrassment of being seen wearing one - it sends all the wrong signals to anyone who notices.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You're right, he is a salesman, but he was pushing a watch he couldn't sell over a watch he could sell. That's one of the reasons I found it so odd.

But again he is a salesman, I am sure he will say the reverse if you are hinting you are leaning more toward the sub-c. No hurt, he is just doing his job.

Had a 16610 long time ago, I am looking to buy a ND ceramic or the good ole' 16600SD

I am not a huge fan of the PO, liked it but not in love enough to buy it over the 2 SMP I have now, but once I can find a mint condition 16600 I think I'll sell the SMP.

Not much of a functional upgrade but an emotional upgrade for me, if that make sense

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I had a PO8520 and 14060m at the same time and ditched the Sub.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
By my count, no one has yet claimed to have sold a Sub-C to buy a PO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts