WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As the post states, how accurate and reliable are they for an everyday wearing? Just got myself one few weeks ago and i love it. I haven't notice any sudden changes in the +/- sec/day. Just wondering. Can you share me your experience with a Vintage Omega or specifically this calibre 565? Looking forward hearing from everyone. Cheers and feed me some knowledge WUS connoisseurs! (Sorry for the amateur image thats provided 馃槵)

Attachments

Registered
I collected vintage Omegas for a while. Had about 25, some pre WW2.

Good watches, well made, reliable, robust. I had a couple that were a bit iffy in timekeeping, but most were as accurate as I needed.

Here are five of my old collection.

3DB5F804-68AC-4D48-97D4-ACF134E3967D.jpeg

Registered
As the post states, how accurate and reliable are they for an everyday wearing? Just got myself one few weeks ago and i love it. I haven't notice any sudden changes in the +/- sec/day. Just wondering. Can you share me your experience with a Vintage Omega or specifically this calibre 565? Looking forward hearing from everyone. Cheers and feed me some knowledge WUS connoisseurs! (Sorry for the amateur image thats provided ��)
I can't help you with your expectations for your new watch since I don't have one. Just wanted to say that's one nice Omega! Good pickup!

Registered
Impressive collection, Cap!
Thanks.

I sold them all off in the end. I had too many, and usually wore a Rolex anyway. I wore them more as 鈥渄ress鈥 watches - back then my two Rolex watches were a GMT Master and an Explorer 2, so it was nice to have something a bit more discrete.

I replaced them with a semi vintage Rolex Datejust. That has been my office watch for years.

Registered
If well taken care of, equal to most any of todays watches.
Good maintenance will indeed keep a 15+ jeweled watch (which this is) running pretty much as accurately as when it was built. But most watches were not built as chronometers, which will attain better than a minute a week. So several minutes a week would be not be atypical. Not as good as a normal quartz watch but quite livable for many.

Watches which have rarely seen a watchmaker won't fair as well. More than a minute a day error can be typical. Worst case are watches which are accurate only twice a day (when the progress of time matches the time frozen on the dial).

Registered
My Omega is a newer 1012 caliber, and gets +15 secs a day, which is par for the course. Really varies depending on service history, how detailed the technician is.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I collected vintage Omegas for a while. Had about 25, some pre WW2.

Good watches, well made, reliable, robust. I had a couple that were a bit iffy in timekeeping, but most were as accurate as I needed.

Here are five of my old collection.

View attachment 14299839
Hey Cap, that is an outstanding vintage omega collection. Especially the one on the far right. Very nice patina.

Very Respectfully,

M. K.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
If well taken care of, equal to most any of todays watches.
Good maintenance will indeed keep a 15+ jeweled watch (which this is) running pretty much as accurately as when it was built. But most watches were not built as chronometers, which will attain better than a minute a week. So several minutes a week would be not be atypical. Not as good as a normal quartz watch but quite livable for many.

Watches which have rarely seen a watchmaker won't fair as well. More than a minute a day error can be typical. Worst case are watches which are accurate only twice a day (when the progress of time matches the time frozen on the dial).
Thank you Eeeb for sharing your input I really appreciate it. So far I've been wearing it daily at least a couple hours a day since my job during day time is too active for this kind of watch. Fyi, I only wear this watch during afternoon to evening time frame with light activities such as taking a walk, enjoying sight seeing, or just simply going to casual places.

Registered
I have an Omega Geneve cal 552 from 1969 that hasn't been serviced in 11 years and still keeps excellent time. These models are very reliable.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Premium Member
quality wise, accuracy wise and reliability wise Omega back in its golden era days was above Rolex

Registered
I recently cleaned and lubricated a 1968-vintage Omega 550 movement (same movement family as your 565) in a Seamaster Deville and it runs within 10 seconds/day (average over a couple of days resting in different positions)...could improve upon that if i optimize for my wearing position.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I recently cleaned and lubricated a 1968-vintage Omega 550 movement (same movement family as your 565) in a Seamaster Deville and it runs within 10 seconds/day (average over a couple of days resting in different positions)...could improve upon that if i optimize for my wearing position.
Oh I didnt know wearing position can make a difference on the movement. Thanks for that info.

V/R

M.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts