WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear members,

I bought a brand new Tag Chronograph Quartz (CT1111.BA0550) about 2.5 months ago. In the first month, my watch gained more than 2 seconds according to time.gov. I then reset the watch. Since then my watch has gained 5 seconds in a span of 1.5 months. My watch has stayed on my wrist 24/7. I can project that in one year, my watch could gain up to 50 seconds.

Please let me know if I should be worried about the accuracy of my watch. What is a normal range of deviation in seconds a quartz watch would gain or lose in a month? A Tag chronograph quartz?

Thanks so much.

Mike

V

·
0 Posts
A garden variety quartz movement from Ronda, ETA, ISA, Miyota, Seiko etc is spec-ed to +-15 s p/m.

Some ETA movements are spec-ed to +-3 s p/m.

These are one step down from their sister thermoline series which are spec-ed to +-10 s p/year. Not many watches are capable of this performance under $1500.

Currently, the most accurate production watch in the world is the Citizen Chronomaster. +-5 s p/year.

I will say your watch is performing marvellously since afaik, Tag does not have a Thermoline equipped watch in its lineup.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Any non-temperature compensated quartz movement that stays w/i one second per week is terrific. You can thank the quartz gods for your watch's accuracy.

heb:-!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys.

I thought I had gotten a lemon. I did not know that my watch's accuracy was in the better part of the acceptable range of deviation.

I have searched the net, but I have not been successful at locating an article that substantively discusses about the quartz movements and their accuracy comparison. Do these studies exist? Can someone please provide me with a link?

(BTW, I like this watch the most as opposed to the most current version of the Quartz Chronograph and especially the original bourne one. Furthermore, I had checked out the link calibre S. Despite the fact that the Calibre S looked and felt remarkably awsome, I decided on this one. IMHO, the version that I have looks rugged yet classy, and most importantly has proven to to reliable and ... "accurate." Any thoughts?)

Mike

V

·
0 Posts
Thanks, guys.

I thought I had gotten a lemon. I did not know that my watch's accuracy was in the better part of the acceptable range of deviation.

I have searched the net, but I have not been successful at locating an article that substantively discusses about the quartz movements and their accuracy comparison. Do these studies exist? Can someone please provide me with a link?

(BTW, I like this watch the most as opposed to the most current version of the Quartz Chronograph and especially the original bourne one. Furthermore, I had checked out the link calibre S. Despite the fact that the Calibre S looked and felt remarkably awsome, I decided on this one. IMHO, the version that I have looks rugged yet classy, and most importantly has proven to to reliable and ... "accurate." Any thoughts?)

Mike
Check out the HEQ (High End Quartz) forum on this site. Lots of info there.

Congrats and enjoy your Tag!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts