WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people don't care about accuracy but I track my smp300 diver with the 8800 movement for fun. I set mine 23 days ago and it's gained 10 seconds in total. Now that includes working, traveling north to the very warm Whitsunday Islands and swimming constantly as well as just traveling in my car and doing nothing. It's my first high end watch and this movement is the duck's nuts. You all getting the same sort of accuracy from your modern Omega movements?
p.s. It's difficult to wear anything else in my collection as this watch is just unbelievably impressive.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My 2531.80 isn't very accurate and needs a service.
It probably loses 20 seconds a day but as you say some people aren't bothered.
If it was a new watch I'd be more bothered about it's time keeping.
Yours is a handsome piece by the way.
PS I know it isn't a coaxial

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been checking my 8601 annual calendar since it came back from an Omega service
and it is +4.5 a day over 12 days.
I know you asked about 8xxx and 9xxx but my 2500 PO lost 4 seconds in 11 days.

IMG_0140.JPG

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I hate to jinx it, but my Aqua Terra is less than 2 sec/day off.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
My 8900 Aqua Terra is ~+1.5 spd if worn and left crown down overnight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bucks

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
AT is about +1 spd

·
Registered
730 Posts
My 8800 movement is around +1 a day. It's slowest when worn and I've found 12 o'clock up to be the best resting position.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
1957 Railmaster Reissue (60th Anniversary), with Calibre 8806, running +7 seconds after 38 days. When worn regularly (not in rotation) it has been known to run +-0 sec/day for up to 4 days. That's an average of +0.1842 sec/day.

20201203_091859.jpg

I'm one of those people that's not fussed about accuracy...as long as the watch is running within its guaranteed rate, or close to it. However, it's fun to track accuracy when you have a watch that's this accurate. Especially after reading about this kind of accuracy in some people's watches and wondering if that's even possible with a mechanical movement.

I think OMEGA have set a new standard with their movements.

René

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine Globemaster with 8900 is 0,8sec/day when worn daily and rest dail up over night. So it gain 1min in two months, just in time to reset when setting date

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've had a couple of the 8800/8900 equipped pieces and the only thing that's more accurate than them is quartz.

I had a 8500 Constellation that was -1 sec/day.
My 8900 Globemaster is +2 sec/day
My 8800 Seamaster gains less than a single second per day. It gains about 5 sec/week!
Another 8800 Planet Ocean 39.5 that I had gained about 3 sec/day.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My Planet Ocean 8900 is gaining about 2.5 seconds per day. My Aqua Terra 8900 is gaining about 4 seconds per day. BUT, my 1861 Speedmaster Pro is running +/- 0 seconds per day... Go figure.

·
Registered
937 Posts
My Planet Ocean 8900 is gaining about 2.5 seconds per day. My Aqua Terra 8900 is gaining about 4 seconds per day. BUT, my 1861 Speedmaster Pro is running +/- 0 seconds per day... Go figure.
That's not surprising. From what I gather the 1861 is very easy to regulate to amazing accuracy. Not bad for a movement that's been "obsolete" for decades.

My 8800 has gained 25-26 seconds in 30 days, so it’s running less than 1 second fast per day. I’ll definitely take that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice Night King. Makes me want to put mine back on the bracelet. :unsure:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just thought I'd update the accuracy of my watch. Still haven't had to adjust the time- it's entering incredulous territory now. Still only gained 12 seconds in total since it was set- and I can't really remember exactly when that was- maybe October 2020?

·
Registered
596 Posts
All my Omegas with 8400, 8500, 8800 und 8900 movements are running < 1 second faster a day. It’s my very personal opinion but there aren’t many more accurate movements on the market than Omegas Master Chronometers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts