WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent away for mine from an ad in the back of a magazine in 1983. The face had a pattern of bricks on it. I think it cost $35.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I actually bought my first one only 6 or 7 years ago and it was on this forum. I hadn't really been a fan of digital, but I kind of fell in love with a Black Helios Frogman.

Reactions: Ash1979

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
It was 1989, and one of my co-workers had a DW-5600 and I wanted one. Went to the BEST Catalog Store (now defunct) in Torrance, CA (I was living in Southern California at the time) and bought a black one for $39.00. A few months later, I bought a yellow one. Both were screwback models and all stainless steel.

I always wore the black one and went through 2 straps and 3 batteries on it. In 2007, I sold it to a collector on eBay for over $90. In 2002, I sold the yellow one for over $125. Wish I would have kept them both!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
G7900-1 bought in 2011.
Was after a new watch for Xmas.
Can't remember why I wanted a G, but it sure sparked a fire.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Received my first one, a DW-6900 in 1996 from my grandfather, though I picked it out of the catelogue myself. I remember wanting a mudman at the time, but was given a 11,000 JPY budget

First I bought myself was in 2012, a G-5600E as a first watch I bought with money I made myself, that watch rekindled my passion for G. Still got both in working order

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,207 Posts
My first Casio was a F-28W which i saw in many store windows at around 1992.
Back then i had a tight budget and found the 15$ for it quite expensive.
Usual no-name digitals were floating the market back then for 5$ or so.

So i bought this premium price digital... :)
It lastet like 18 years on its first battery, so it was worth the premium price tag! ;-)
It lived long enough to get digitally pictured.
I killed it by trying an battery exchange shortly after this pic was taken.... :-(

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
I had my first Casio way back in December 1979!
It was the 58F-8 and was a Christmas present purchased from an electrical shop here in the UK called Dixons.
It was my first LCD watch after having an LED watch which was pretty rubbish.
As a school boy at the time, it seemed like awesome technology and about three of my friends also had the same watch, it was like being in the Jetsons!
I still have the watch, it works perfectly, even the back light still works.
Unfortunately, the resin strap deteriorated many years ago.
Here is the actual watch, nearly 37 years old!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
it was 2010 l wanted a large watch but they are expensive (always liked citizen but they're another $ level)
gshock seemed to be a good option but for the price range that time were 5600 or 9052
went for 9052 which l used for 3 yrs and got bored
dec 2015 l bought a 6900ms more for the looks and gave the forgotten 9052 to my dad
planning to buy another standard G (positive display) for daily use maybe 5600 or another 6900
if my wrist wasn't that thin l'd go for 7900

·
Registered
671 Posts
I got my first G-Shock back in 2006. It was a typical black DW-6900. I still have the watch, but resin rot has damaged it, so no longer do I use it.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Got my first G back in the early 2000's, a GW330A. How? I handed my suitcase of cash to the dealer called Sam Walton, and he handed me the watch. ;-)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tuesday, June 19th 2001, I bought a DW6900 at Zellers (a crappy Canadian retailer) and have been a fan ever since. I wish I still had it, didn't even have a G on the light button just the 2 lines, was made in korea.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My first g was a ga-1000 in orange, because I was buying basically every black/orange watch I could find. Since then I've switched to buying basically every g-shock I can find. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
1983, taking SCUBA lessons. My dive instructor and friends who were already certified all said the same thing: "Get a G-Shock." Since there was only one model then, the choice was easy. :)

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I do not find the model and picture of my first G-Shock, year 2003, metal bracelet, frontal frame protection... Letter bicolor, black or red, selectable...
Is there a site with all models from 1983?

Thanks

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000

1 - 20 of 75 Posts