WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the new Bell & Ross BR 03 92 Military Diver is one of the coolest watches I’ve seen in a while. I’ve contemplated the other square divers they’ve produce the last few years. But it’s out of reach at the moment and my best hope is that someone flips one cheap and I’m there to catch it.

Then I saw this one for sale last week and I wonder if it scratches the itch I have for a military green dial in a blacked out case. And I can swing the price right now snd have some left for a new Hirsch Arne and black nato.

Which do you prefer? And knowing my situation, which way would you go? Wait or give the cheaper watch a try with little to lose? I don’t this the DH3.0 is in production any longer.

This is just for the sake of conversation and feedback. Not looking for any “only you can decide” Yoda Zen crap. Just having some fun here. Comment if you have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I owned a few of the "plainer" Damaskos along the way and I always moved them on eventually.
By plainer, I’m thinking you are referring to their three-handers. I guess I’m in the same boat. All five of mine were sold relatively quickly after taking them on. But this strikes me as a little more interesting.

·
Premium Member
30,774 Posts
By plainer, I’m thinking you are referring to their three-handers. I guess I’m in the same boat. All five of mine were sold relatively quickly after taking them on. But this strikes me as a kitty more interesting.

sorry but not enough so...i regret selling my da42 though

OTH if you want my sinn i just got :cool:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My next Sinn will be the U50 when they release the blue dial. But if I cannot wait, maybe the new 358 sa be. Otherwise, I’m Sinned out. What’d you pick up?

·
Premium Member
30,774 Posts
My next Sinn will be the U50 when they release the blue dial. But if I cannot wait, maybe the new 358 sa be. Otherwise, I’m Sinned out. What’d you pick up?

Course that's not answering your original question. Tbh I would not get either one.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I like the square B&R design, but I think their asking prices are laughable for what they're offering. Damasko, on the other hand, offers some nice innovation, especially considering their price.

Leaving all that aside, and just based on looks, between these two I'd definitely have the Damasko. Even though I love the functionality of a dive bezel, Damasko nailed the look of this one with the black chapter ring, black day/date wheels, and Damest coating contrasted against the olive dial.

Reactions: Batboy and 1165dvd

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the square B&R design, but I think their asking prices are laughable for what they're offering. Damasko, on the other hand, offers some nice innovation, especially considering their price.

Leaving all that aside, and just based on looks, between these two I'd definitely have the Damasko. Even though I love the functionality of a dive bezel, Damasko nailed the look of this one with the black chapter ring, black day/date wheels, and Damest coating contrasted against the olive dial.
Yup. I’d never pay retail for the B&R. But they tend to go for acceptable prices on the used market, which is where I’d be looking to pick one up. I wonder if companies like B&R and Bremont, who make great watches, know that they are overpriced, but are content to let retailers sell at a discount only because high msrp’s add to perceived value.

I will say that a ceramic case and bezel (lumed) add some value. It’s not an easy product to work with for an Indy company. And they use a higher grade Selita. Sinn, amongst others, is using the same movement in their U50, without chronometer cert., but at a much lower price.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The main things these two have in common is the black case and the green dial. Specs are pretty different for example, Damasko having 80,000 A/m and 100M WR vs the B&R having 300M WR and likely standard DIN A/m. These are so different in design and likely wrist presence/feel that that would need to be the first decision. If you are drawn to the B&R based on looks alone, the Damasko won't satisfy you.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
To add though, I'd go with the Damasko. To me the B&R is just a 300M dive watch in a square ceramic case, I'm not aware of any unique specs that it has that is on par or better than the Damasko. I'm a spec hunter at heart and there is so much more tasty innovation in the Damasko than the B&R, that I'd be happy to sacrifice 200M WR and the ceramic case for an ice hardened case with Damest coating, anti mag, the crown system, the negative pressure resistance, the viton and UV resistant gaskets.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,043 Posts
I'll say Damasko.
Now I'll go to the Bell&Ross forum and say the B&R.
Kidding about the last part. Honest about the first part. But the B&R design never appealed to me, except the early years when they re-branded Sinn watches.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I own both brands, and would take the B&R by some margin, although if it was me in just black, or as I have a ceramic aviation BR03-92, steel and blue. In the real world my Sinn U1 covers my “slightly out there diver” base.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Damasko over B&R ANY day.

Reactions: 1165dvd and Batboy

·
Registered
315 Posts
My pick would be the Damasko. Regret selling my DB2. The added tech that goes into them makes up for their plain-ish looks.

Reactions: 1165dvd

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, it’s too late for the Damasko. It sold. I guess it wasn’t meant to be, since I couldn’t pull the trigger. Thanks for all the input. I think if the same watch pops up for the right price, I’m going to own another Damasko. Still think the B&R is cool. But will need to grab one at 50% to feel good about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts