WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Good sensible use of the moderator edit here by removing the watch from the thread and allowing the question to be asked and answered without it being a "watch for sale" thread in disguise.
In answer to the OP's question: access to the sales sub forum is a reward for you making a genuine contribution to the forum, so, no, there is no other way, just join in the conversations and demonstrate a genuine interest in the subject, if not, then ebay, Chrono 24 are your ways to go.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’d also caution not to speed post to get to 100 posts and suddenly list your watch for sale. That will draw attention by the mods and might cause your account to be doxxed and for posts to be removed.

This happened to me last year. I [EDITED] speed posted to get to 100 posts in hopes of selling a watch. A moderator penalized me and I learned my lesson.

My advice: even after hitting 100 posts, contact a moderator and ask if you have their approval to post a watch for sale.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Respond to posts in meaningful way. Couple posts a day. I was in similar situation as yourself a while back - member for several years, but lurking, not posting/ contributing.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I’d also caution not to speed post to get to 100 posts and suddenly list your watch for sale. That will draw attention by the mods and might cause your account to be doxxed and for posts to be removed.

This happened to me last year. I [EDITED] speed posted to get to 100 posts in hopes of selling a watch. A moderator penalized me and I learned my lesson.

My advice: even after hitting 100 posts, contact a moderator and ask if you have their approval to post a watch for sale.
Doxxed? The mods will tell everyone your name and address then tell your boss what you are up to? Or am I the one who misunderstands doxing?

Reactions: djames2399

·
Registered
180 Posts
Doxxed? The mods will tell everyone your name and address then tell your boss what you are up to? Or am I the one who misunderstands doxing?
I may have used the word incorrectly :) I used dox in the sense that the mods will remove the number of posts you've made (so, for example, remove your 100 posts and send you back to 20 posts) and issue you a formal warning. In my case, the mod also said that if it happens again then I would potentially face permanent expulsion from the site. Glad the mod wouldn't send the calvary to my house though!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I haven't 'earned the right' to post on the 'for sale' threads yet, but am grateful to have been able to PM sellers which has netted me a few fine straps and a couple of great watches.

An option for the original poster - knowing this restricted access requirement, I recently listed a watch on a smaller, local website where there isn't as much 'competition' as Chrono24 or the like to make the sale; if it takes time, it takes time. I also avoid host-site commissions, which could help me if/when the watch is sold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just for the record. I did not post any pictures or details of the watch for sale since I do not want to violate any rules. I have participated in posts and threads but not nearly 100 of them. That is a lot of posts to make and I really don't want to grow my points by just posting simple replies. I too run a form and understand how things work.

None the less, It looks like I cannot even buy an add or upgrade to do the post.

Thanks for the replies

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Speed posting?....no
Start a click bait thread and comment randomly?......no

contribute meaningful comments and pics of gorgeous watches?......YES!

....or fleabay, etc.....

good luck

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just for the record. I did not post any pictures or details of the watch for sale since I do not want to violate any rules. I have participated in posts and threads but not nearly 100 of them. That is a lot of posts to make and I really don't want to grow my points by just posting simple replies. I too run a form and understand how things work.

None the less, It looks like I cannot even buy an add or upgrade to do the post.

Thanks for the replies
Ebay is great for buyers, not so much for sellers. Just my $.02

1 - 20 of 37 Posts