21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Rules are rules.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Been on here a few years but have not posted a lot. Just wondering if I was to upgrade to premium could I sell my watch without waiting for 100 posts? Is there an offical way around this limitation?

Thanks
Somewhere else?

·
7,656 Posts
It’s a layer of security. We had a huge problem with people coming on with no activity and selling fakes, or flat out fraud. Since we added the 100 post rule, that has reduced significantly.

There is also no fee to sell here, the Sales Forum is a perk of being an active and contributing member to the site. Speed posting is not being an active contributing member, it’s throwing rubbish out there to get to sell a watch. That goes against the spirit of active contributing member.

We don’t dox, we just make it clear to read the rules on the 100 posts, the speed posting, and of course the rules before posting a watch for sale.

Watchuseek.com is not a sales forum. It is a discussion forum for watches with the perk of having a sales forum.

If you choose not to join the discussions, it’s not a problem. Time zone, Chrono24, ebay, Craigslist, your local jeweler. Plenty of resources to sell watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
No way around it. It's fun logging on daily and chatting with the watch family. Actually. This makes #100 for me
Congrats on #100!

Not only is it fun to connect with others who share your interest, but you are helping to build your reputation which, when the time comes you want to sell or trade, will doubtlessly make it much easier for you.

If I'm looking to buy or trade, WUS membership and reputation play a part in my decision. I will often ask sellers if they are on WUS...I prefer to deal with fellow aficionados if possible.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
eBay is great but the listing fee is a killer. Try facebook market, I’ve always had good bites on there.
Chrono24 is a bit hit and miss..

·
Registered
26,332 Posts
Can’t quite see why anyone would want the hassle of joining a discussion forum, waiting weeks, contriving how to post 100 times to hit the required level.......

Just put an ad on the many sales sites there are out there and sell your watch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ebay is great for buyers, not so much for sellers. Just my $.02
A bit off topic, but agreed. Totally buyer-centric. I’ve stopped selling there entirely. Their fees aren’t based in any reality that I’m aware of, and now sellers are required to process payment through FleaBay internally, so more rolled in fees. I’ve gone Chrono24. 6.5%, legit watches, no guesswork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
yup Gotta do it right here... kinda like ordering soup on that certain episode of Seinfeld
Oops, meant to add, I’ve had great luck selling on eBay and chrono24.. this will be a great platform to sell once we hit that 100 post milestone though!
Surprised no one noticed this solid example of how to get to 100 quicker :LOL::LOL:... I kid I kid

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel your pain as I’ve been on this forum forever and was closing in on the post count and lost my account email user name and started over

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same boat here my friend! Been on here for a few years but didn't feel qualified to comment, just was trying to learn. Maybe that's my own insecurities at work. But yeah, 100 posts seems high. I would consider myself a pretty active Rennlist user for the last 5+ years and I'm only at about 180 posts. In my humble and worthless opinion, 100 posts encourages noise and wrist-check threads more so than it encourages quality posts while discouraging people from just using WUS as a platform to enable their flipping habits. But hey, I guess there's always reddit for people like us. shrugs

At this rate, I'll have a pretty sweet lineup of things to sell when I crack 100 posts in 2027 🍻!

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Same boat here my friend! Been on here for a few years but didn't feel qualified to comment, just was trying to learn. Maybe that's my own insecurities at work. But yeah, 100 posts seems high. I would consider myself a pretty active Rennlist user for the last 5+ years and I'm only at about 180 posts. In my humble and worthless opinion, 100 posts encourages noise and wrist-check threads more so than it encourages quality posts while discouraging people from just using WUS as a platform to enable their flipping habits. But hey, I guess there's always reddit for people like us. shrugs

At this rate, I'll have a pretty sweet lineup of things to sell when I crack 100 posts in 2027 🍻!
I think that's kind of the point, to discourage people who only want to sell here, that's not what WUS was designed for. Selling is a perq for people who have decided to spend some time here. Who knows, you might be a really good reddit match

21 - 37 of 37 Posts