WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
eBay is great but the listing fee is a killer. Try facebook market, I’ve always had good bites on there.
Chrono24 is a bit hit and miss..
More recently I've found ebay fees turn what could be a great deal/steal for both buyer and seller into a sort of middling discount.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Three months later and the OP is still at 20 posts. Clearly he had no interest in participating.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I think the policy makes sense. I like hanging out and seeing the daily watch pics update. Good luck on reaching 100. eBay just jacked up the fees it’s mad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Requiring 100 posts from the seller is a good idea, but why from the buyer, too?! I am interested in a watch and would just like to know about it's condition and if it's still available, but the limit requires me to make 100 posts first. Here we go.
I think you can buy, just have to PM the seller to ask questions and complete the transaction. I’ve been able to buy and trade this way.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
I think you can buy, just have to PM the seller to ask questions and complete the transaction. I’ve been able to buy and trade this way.
Yes, you should be able to buy, but not sell. The rule was not in place when I joined WUS... Time flies, I'm getting old!

·
Registered
142 Posts
While I get the spirit of the 100 posts, it really doesn't add anything and is reached easily within a couple of days.
Maybe it will act as a barrier for non fluent English speakers, but come on how hard is it to just join the discussion in a couple of threads.
I'm trying to approach this from a scammers point of view. Put in a little effort :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
While I get the spirit of the 100 posts, it really doesn't add anything and is reached easily within a couple of days.
Maybe it will act as a barrier for non fluent English speakers, but come on how hard is it to just join the discussion in a couple of threads.
I'm trying to approach this from a scammers point of view. Put in a little effort :rolleyes:
Incorrect; in order to be able to sell here one has to achieve 100 posts (comments or start discussions) and be here for 90 days. Reaching 100 posts in a couple of days is speed posting and the mods will deduct all or most of those posts, their decision. As for PM privilege, the post count is unknown and deemed to be variable for each new member; could be 8 for you, 15 for me, 11 for someone else.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts