WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my recent research on Omegas, I came to know that the Omega Boutique refuses to give any discount whatsoever on their watches. On the contrary, AD was willing to strike a deal.
Is 27% off MSRP considered a good deal?

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I don't know what country your from but in the UK 27% would be awesome! :-!

Reactions: GTTIME

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
During my recent research on Omegas, I came to know that the Omega Boutique refuses to give any discount whatsoever on their watches. On the contrary, AD was willing to strike a deal.
Is 27% off MSRP considered a good deal?
Typical "company stores", which is what Omega Boutiques are, don't want to compete with their independent retailers, ie, the authorized dealers. If they undercut them then they'll lose their dealers. Nearly any company store I've been in sells at list unless they're one of the 'outlet' stores (common for clothing makers). That's a different story all together, those stores often sell lines specifically made for those stores and the items are not sold in retail outlets.

27% off list is a good deal from an AD in my experience.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Absolutely.

What I'm going to spew is merely hearsay, but the only times I've heard of such discounts happening with ADs is when their relationship with the manufacturer is ending and they're liquidating stock.

The Tourneau by me recently had an Omega sale for 20% off. According to the salesman (this is where the hearsay comes in, most likely rumor), once Omega decided to open the boutique in Manhattan they were going to stop supplying certain retailers in the area. Tourneau was in negotiations with them to determine where and what locations (Metropolitan area only, NY, entire tri-state area, etc). For whatever reason things did not go well and Tourneau decided to dump all remaining stock at a discount.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Omega dealer cost is 65% of MSRP so the dealer has 35% with which to negotiate. If you pay cash, the credit card cost is eliminated as well.

(BTW, dealer cost used to be 55% plus an additional discount if the dealer paid cash up front. Those were the good old days.)

But remember, each dealer has to factor in their overhead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts